Game.Com Discussion thread

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Lets talk about it.

Pro Tip: it's pronounced as "Game Com". Not "game dot com"?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
All I really know about it is that it's near impossible to see the screen.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I went through like 10 as a kid, I think they kept dying when I left them in my mom's van on a hot day, but Kaybee Toys was always cool with me returning it since I kept the receipt.

IDK, not much to say, the games were of course shitty but cheap as hell at the time IIRC, somehow I found Fighter's Megamix on it enjoyable (dunno if I would today haha).

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
We're going through this shit again?

How many more ways can you say "awful garbage?"

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Lets talk about it.

I haven't played it in ages, but I still have it, along with five or so games. The screen spoils it all. I remember how much I hated WonderSwan Color for its screen ghosting, and once Crystal came out, I never looked back, but man ... Game.com takes the gold medal at the ghosting olympics.

Games pretty much fell into two categories. "Too jerky" and "fine, it it weren't for the ghosting". Resident Evil 2 had busy backgrounds which were hard to read, and the animation were game and watch-like. Fighters Megamix on the other hand had smooth jumps, but everything was a blur. I feel that some games were ported over without much regard to legibility. Let's just shrink down the original and take away the color and animation frames was the motto, I'm sure.

I know Game.com hit the market before WonderSwan and NGP, and handhelds were still evolving back then [not that they aren't now, but you know what I mean], but this was much, much worse than Game Boy, which was ancient by then. Plus, Game Gear was out, and so were TurboExpress and Lynx.

But! I do remember I was surprised at the quality of PCM samples it could play. Hearing real voices and digital music [short samples, anyway] from a small handheld back then was a big deal. All in all, I wouldn't give it any time of day in 2017.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I never knew the game.com was so popular on this site. Hence I MUST share my humble game.com collection. I'm doing well so far, but to make a complete set is going to be very difficult. But it will be worth it in the end, and make me the envy of many on reddit.

image2.jpeg

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Those games aren't even sealed. Weak ass buster shit. This is horrible, this fake madman.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
The brief flash of entertainment I got from looking at picture of the Game.Com and game boxes on the table is still more entertainment than I'd ever get from actually playing the thing.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The brief flash of entertainment I got from looking at picture of the Game.Com and game boxes on the table is still more entertainment than I'd ever get from actually playing the thing.

I'll let you into a secret. I left the batteries in the machine for years so they exploded, leaving the battery panels rusted. I don't think it works anymore. For the best.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I never knew the game.com was so popular on this site. Hence I MUST share my humble game.com collection. I'm doing well so far, but to make a complete set is going to be very difficult. But it will be worth it in the end, and make me the envy of many on reddit.

View attachment 49625

Just get elder scrolls.

Its called "GameCom", and it's a huge heaping pile of shit. I'm still trying to figure out why I never unsubbed this thread.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It blows my mind that Sonic Jam is there.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
iVaFzxJ.jpg