The King of Fighters: Destiny

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
The story so far seems cool and all, and I'm even okay with the quality of the 3D for the most part... I just can't get past how gross all the characters' faces look... >_<

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
fight scenes were alright, but the characters look weird and the animation is worse than it was in the trailer. the whole thing looks like cutscenes from a ps1 game.

I had this in mind:

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Nothing will top the Obari OVAs imo but, hey, better than nothing so far. Even though they keep repeatedly retelling and retconning the FF Bogard story to all hell.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I quite liked the still image style of this episode. It worked quite well for a back story.

They do seem to be getting shorter and shorter though.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Nothing will top the Obari OVAs imo but, hey, better than nothing so far. Even though they keep repeatedly retelling and retconning the FF Bogard story to all hell.

Personally I consider the Samurai Shodown 64 anime and the KOF Max2 anime shorts better then Obari's FF. The 1st was pretty bad, the 2nd I liked and the Movie was fun but silly.

I'd rather that they told the Jin brothers story in the movie then characters we have no vested interest in other then they fight the heroes and a main villain who is a dumbass.

Yamazaki vs Andy, Blue Mary vs. Mai, Geese vs. Terry Round 2 and, watching the elder Jin getting pissed off at Terry in animation would have been epic.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Personally I consider the Samurai Shodown 64 anime and the KOF Max2 anime shorts better then Obari's FF. The 1st was pretty bad, the 2nd I liked and the Movie was fun but silly.

I'd rather that they told the Jin brothers story in the movie then characters we have no vested interest in other then they fight the heroes and a main villain who is a dumbass.

Yamazaki vs Andy, Blue Mary vs. Mai, Geese vs. Terry Round 2 and, watching the elder Jin getting pissed off at Terry in animation would have been epic.

Didn't know there was another SamSho ova beyond the horrendous VHS movie I laughed through back in the day. Will try to find it!

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Didn't know there was another SamSho ova beyond the horrendous VHS movie I laughed through back in the day. Will try to find it!
Samehere i had no idea. Until the other day i found an OVA for shin samurai spirits 2. Not sure how good it is yet still looking for an english sub ver.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
Doesn't look good. I also think that they taught Japanese to Justin Timberlake... And then got him to sing the opening theme.

Last edited:

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
I only just discovered this anime exists, and I hope nobody minds me bumping this topic.

I just finished episode 3.

So I'm mixed. So far the highlight is the action, which is well-done. I think KOF: Another Day is better (probably a personal bias since I prefer 2D animation) but its nice to see fast fights that feel like a natural extension of the fighting game as opposed to most anime being all talkey during what's supposed to be the action moments.

But two things bug me.

First, how short the episodes are. The end of each episode always sneaks up on you because you see you have like eight minutes of video left and then the Next Episode Preview hits... and often there's so much preview that its practically telling you everything that happens in the next video.

The second and bigger problem for me so far though is I kinda disagree with the interpretations of the characters. Terry was fine at first (though its weird to me that he's acting more mature than Andy) up until episode 3 and him getting flustered by this classy girl--his behavior in the old anime OVA feels more in-character to me.

But also... why are most of the characters all goofy? With Benimaru Nikaido I guess I could see it though I feel like they went overboard (it reminds me of how Michelangelo in Ninja Turtles went from being just fun-loving to being a complete moron when the reboots came), but then Ryo Sakazaki is also a goofball, and so is Robert Garcia.... like, is there gonna be a hero character who isn't played for comedy in this series besides Kyo Kusanagi, Goro Daimon, and (for the most part) Terry Bogard?

Not sure if I will continue watching.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I only just discovered this anime exists, and I hope nobody minds me bumping this topic.

I just finished episode 3.

So I'm mixed. So far the highlight is the action, which is well-done. I think KOF: Another Day is better (probably a personal bias since I prefer 2D animation) but its nice to see fast fights that feel like a natural extension of the fighting game as opposed to most anime being all talkey during what's supposed to be the action moments.

But two things bug me.

First, how short the episodes are. The end of each episode always sneaks up on you because you see you have like eight minutes of video left and then the Next Episode Preview hits... and often there's so much preview that its practically telling you everything that happens in the next video.

The second and bigger problem for me so far though is I kinda disagree with the interpretations of the characters. Terry was fine at first (though its weird to me that he's acting more mature than Andy) up until episode 3 and him getting flustered by this classy girl--his behavior in the old anime OVA feels more in-character to me.

But also... why are most of the characters all goofy? With Benimaru Nikaido I guess I could see it though I feel like they went overboard (it reminds me of how Michelangelo in Ninja Turtles went from being just fun-loving to being a complete moron when the reboots came), but then Ryo Sakazaki is also a goofball, and so is Robert Garcia.... like, is there gonna be a hero character who isn't played for comedy in this series besides Kyo Kusanagi, Goro Daimon, and (for the most part) Terry Bogard?

Not sure if I will continue watching.
You're getting what you paid for at least.