California Extreme 2017

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Got to play on the Neo 19 candy cab a little bit with with my fiancee, but some guy playing air hockey kept leaning over and kicking me. :lolz: Poor cab was getting hammered by the little kids too.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Got to play on the Neo 19 candy cab a little bit with with my fiancee, but some guy playing air hockey kept leaning over and kicking me. :lolz: Poor cab was getting hammered by the little kids too.

yeah, I spent probably half an hour playing some puzzle bobble on that cab.. what an awesome piece of neo history that NONE of us will ever own. :(

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
CAX was loads of fun again this year! They spread it out to two rooms this time, instead of 1. Honestly, I liked the darker, more packed feeling from previous years. Made it feel more like what I remember of arcades, instead this year felt like it was leaning towards "bunch of cabs in a giant warehouse." Still plenty of awesome games to play, and nice to see a small number of modern indie arcade developers showing their stuff again this year.

Side note: It seems like the total garbage laser-disc games row is growing every year too... gross.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
yeah, I spent probably half an hour playing some puzzle bobble on that cab.. what an awesome piece of neo history that NONE of us will ever own. :(

Yeah, I'd love to have a Neo 19 candy cab too. It'd be perfect since I live in a little studio apartment, and they look sleek as hell too!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
It seems like the total garbage laser-disc games row is growing every year too... gross.

They have their own place in arcade history, and it's well earned. Cliff Hanger, Time Gal (which wasn't there this year), the don bluth games, and The Act (especially this one.. what a great game)... all good games that require a lot of time invested in them to be "good" at them.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They have their own place in arcade history, and it's well earned. Cliff Hanger, Time Gal (which wasn't there this year), the don bluth games, and The Act (especially this one.. what a great game)... all good games that require a lot of time invested in them to be "good" at them.

Touché, point taken. I'll admit they have their place in history, and I can certainly appreciate the tech and animation craftsmanship that went into these... but fuck do I think they are garbage as video games. Maybe I just never had the right introduction to them.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Touché, point taken. I'll admit they have their place in history, and I can certainly appreciate the tech and animation craftsmanship that went into these... but fuck do I think they are garbage as video games. Maybe I just never had the right introduction to them.

It is best to think of them as interactive movies, not games. Essentially what a video game would be if it was all QTE's.

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member

Glad I'm not alone in this sentiment. They are cool to look at, horrible to play.