Arcade 1cc thread

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I borrowed that from a buddy years back, I really need to find an original board. That game is a ton of fun

Yeah it's been a game that I've put off from playing in depth for quite sometime because I've been saying to myself
"oh, I'll wait till I get the board". That's been X years, so at this point I'm just like "life's too short".

Nice work bud! I need to play this one all the way through it's so damn fun.

It's a lot of fun for sure. I totally took the path of least resistance though, using Ryno (green) with his :B:, :up::down: :B: spamming. Oh, and the double jump variant of that which is a little trickier to utilize properly.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got the 1CC on Midnight Resistance today. Done it on a PCB with actual rotary stick. Working on Ikari Warriors aswell tough game to 1CC the air strike mines are a killer. You half to memorize where every single one is or it over. My perfect runs are ruined every time by these uggh lol. What makes it so tough once you die & loose your long range powered up machine gun (fires red bullets) & your explosive grenades you stand little chance the deeper you are into the game. Very hard to recover.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Got the 1CC on Midnight Resistance today.

Congrats! DECO's trolling on the action genre is intense. It's a shame that the MD port offers only 30fps but it's still very playable and blessed with a great soundtrack. So, how many prisoners did you save at the end?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Congrats! DECO's trolling on the action genre is intense. It's a shame that the MD port offers only 30fps but it's still very playable and blessed with a great soundtrack. So, how many prisoners did you save at the end?

I use to play this in arcade when it first came out. I couldn't wait til the Megadrive port came out. It was a good port but not the arcade obviously. I never could get comfortable with the controls on the Sega port. All of the arranged one's felt clunky to me.

On the family at the end, I saved them all. :cool:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I use to play this in arcade when it first came out. I couldn't wait til the Megadrive port came out. It was a good port but not the arcade obviously. I never could get comfortable with the controls on the Sega port. All of the arranged one's felt clunky to me.

On the family at the end, I saved them all. :cool:

That's awesome. I'm usually best on games I played in my youth, too, even if I wasn't good enough to finish them back then. Rotating controls are tough to adapt, Forgotten Words makes you also go through a harsh learning curve because of it. It can get even rougher, though: try playing Defender on an original cab. Commanding your ship through five buttons is like playing on an instrument.

All family members, eh? You're the hero!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That's awesome. I'm usually best on games I played in my youth, too, even if I wasn't good enough to finish them back then. Rotating controls are tough to adapt, Forgotten Words makes you also go through a harsh learning curve because of it. It can get even rougher, though: try playing Defender on an original cab. Commanding your ship through five buttons is like playing on an instrument.

All family members, eh? You're the hero!

I actually could play the Genny port of Forgotten Worlds really good despite the controls. Lol yeah Defender is to old skool for me bro, I have seen the control panel for it crazy stuff. I have got to track down the PCB of Heavy Barrel next and ill be set on rotary games. Have you ever play Heavy Barrel? Its a fantastic game one of the best rotarys for sure.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
When I play Forgotten Worlds on MD I always turn auto shot on and just rotate. Get the flame first then save and buy the mega laser in the last level. Crushes everything.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
When I play Forgotten Worlds on MD I always turn auto shot on and just rotate. Get the flame first then save and buy the mega laser in the last level. Crushes everything.

I need to pick up Forgotten Worlds on Genny got the SMS port of it lol.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I need to pick up Forgotten Worlds on Genny got the SMS port of it lol.

The only thing that is bunk about the MD port is the drop of a couple of levels, the PCE port really is the definitive version of it. But the MD version is still aces for such an early title.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The only thing that is bunk about the MD port is the drop of a couple of levels, the PCE port really is the definitive version of it. But the MD version is still aces for such an early title.

I got the PCE version I just need to get the Avenue 3 button pad.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Damn so close to getting 1cc on Golden Axe RODA. Bosses are nothing just need to manage crowd control better. If I just could keep that skeleton Dragon. Damn thing walks so slow gets me knocked off to many times & loose it.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Tips for the final boss? I’m still practicing on and off but this guy seems like he’d be the big hurdle.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Tips for the final boss? I’m still practicing on and off but this guy seems like he’d be the big hurdle.

Well shit , made it all the way to Death Adder no life lost but choked on him. I usually beat him very easy just have troubles else where.

The way I handle him is move up underneath him just a tad bit in front very fast. I'm using Trix so he is super fast to fo this and attack. As you know do not use magic until you defeat his shield or it will eat you magic. I'm still so pissed I dropped the ball on him, I got nervous because I had made it all the way there without losing a life.

When I was practicing on fighting him I would just fuck around trying different approaches to initiate the attack sequence. He gets super fast lunging after his shield it defeated trying to get in front of you to use ground seeking magic. Got to stay directly underneath him to avoid it. Which character was you using on your run?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally 1LC Golden Axe RODA today. I used Trix I whipped Death Adders ass hard he did not even touch me. I figured out a cool trick if you can get in close enough you can hit him consistently where he can't move until it drain his health bar. I done this all three phases of him shield, w/o shield & final scene on the Dragon flying. His second phase is the most dangerous. He seems to be alot more agile and very aggressive with his ground seeking magic. I got lucky getting him in that continuous health draining hits. Man I feel this game would be very hard to do with another character because Trix has health replenishment magic. Might try using Goah or maybe Dora this weekend and see how far I can get.

List updated:

Geostorm
U.N. Squadron (all but Greg)
Contra (1LC)
Super Contra (1LC)
Aliens (1LC)
Blood Brothers
Ninja Gaiden
Midnight Resistance
Golden Axe RODA 1LC (Trix)
Outzone

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Such a great game. I keep going back to it, got my 1cc on it last year, I’d like to be able to loop it a few times but I’m not that boss yet

Damn right it's one of the funniest shmups I have ever played. I made it to stage 3 before loosing another life after 1cc'ing it, man it gets super crazy right from stage 1 loop 2 bullet speed is way faster.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Just got the 1cc on Skyshark, then got distracted by my 2yr old on the start of the second loop. Still, pleased with my current high score.
e2096c6d4f76d50508a22c8da8d9ed20.jpg

Metal Slug LEVEL8 1-Life Clear. Easiest Slug game even on the hardest difficulty, apart from that damn bridge section :/

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
No looping in this game.

You get around 320k-350k points from killing stuff, and then a 1 million point bonus for clearing. You can't farm indefinitely as you will eventually run out of ammo (no knife item here, unlike the NES version). I guess they wanted it to be really obvious you reached the end.

Last edited: