Persona 5

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
DS
Dragon Quest VI - trying to find a flying mattress...yep

GBA
Fire Emblem - Chapter 21. Great game but tough as nails if I don't want to lose anyone.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ds

nearly finished order of ecclesia, and i have to say that this one's an odd one. the main game map (dracula's castle) doesn't appear until right at the end. i think they were trying to replicate the whole upside down castle of symphony of the night by making you think the game's over then just to make you realise that you're just half way through.

this wouldn't be a problem, but unlike sotn, the game doesn't really kick off until dracula's castle. everything before was kind of bland. but still enjoying it and trying to collect all the power ups before i get to dracula himself.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS4
Magical Drop 2
Overtop
Riptide GP2 - Feels almost like a Jet Moto sequel, I've been trying to complete all of the courses

PS3
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax - more I play this, the more I enjoy this

Weekly Gusmoney High Score Challenge
Dreamcast- 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker Score Attack

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
PC:
DOOM
STREET FIGHTER V
METAL GEAR SOLID V

PS1:
POLICENAUTS

SATURN:
SHINING FORCE 3 SCENARIO 1 - Finally got to the end This game can be really hard at times but overall it was pretty good. The last battle is annoying because you have to use all your characters split into two parties. Caused me some issues since i didnt use a few characters so they were too week. Had to go the sacred temple or whatever and fight infinite respawn skeletons to bring everyone up to a reasonable level.

The fucked up thing is i grinded out to get all the characters ready, got ready to fight the last battle and my damn save file (2 out of 3) corrupted!!!! Luckily i had another spare that wasnt too far back but holy hell. I cant stand losing progress for bullshit like that so i was so close to quiting the game lol. i had to take a breather and remember that not only am i literally at the end but i am going to need my save file for Scenario 2 and 3.

Has anybody played through the Shining Force 3 games and had your saves get corrupted?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

KoF 12

Retron5

Gauntlet (NES)
Rockman 5
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (GBA)
Championship Pro-Am

Genesis/32X

Castlevania Bloodlines
Virtua Racing

Just got a 48" Sony Bravia and both the Retron5 and Genesis with component cables look fantastic on it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First Sin

Retro Freak
Castlevania III Dracula Curse

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
PS4

Injustice 2

Now hyped to get Samurai Spirits Zero Special when it is released and play it.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
finally finished order of ecclesia. i still stand by what i said from my earlier post. but over all the story was very good with interesting plot twists. and the final battle with dracula was a lot different in this game then in the rest of the series in that he doesn't morph into a second form here.

unlock the albus mode once you finish the game. he's not as good to play with as much as the main character so i didn't bother. it's a good game but i still like portrait a lot more.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
PSX- Symphony of the Night

Jeremy-Renner.gif

i'm doing a castlevania marathon at the moment and i finished sotn about three weeks ago. still the best metroidvania game in the series.

and how did you get along with portrait of ruin?.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Every week Gusmoney from the forums and I have a high score challenge on a game, the winner gets to pick the game for the next week. It's a great way to play some games we've never played before and also to see who can get better at a game as the week goes on.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Thank you for reminding me to play DOOM. Need to play that all the time to be happy.

How are you liking SF5? I skipped on the game, but might jump in at some point.

i should have called it DOOM 2016 lol but yes OG DOOM makes me happy :D

I love SFV been playing it since launch. its the kind of game that took a while for it to click for me but once it did it really did.

If youre into fighting games for the fight itself (competitive online and local) then its one of the best fighter out there. if you need a lot of fluff with extra modes and stuff then i'd skip it. All it really has is Character Story (which is like Arcade Mode lite) General Story which is a big cinematic story thing which is decent and the rest is stuff like survival, demonstrations, trails and mission to make fight money.

i'd say its a great time to jump in since the full package (main game with S1 and S2 DLC) has been hovering around 40 bucks lately.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
@Bogard: It's easy to miss, but Dracula actually becomes fully polygonal, not a sprite, during the second phase of the final boss fight with him in Ecclesia, but, yeah, it's weird that he didn't morph into something more monstrous. Did you get all the boss treasures? You have to beat them without taking a single hit to make them appear (they rise out of the floor if you were successful)--Dracula and that giant crab in the light house are the worst, and Wall Man is the easiest.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
@Bogard: It's easy to miss, but Dracula actually becomes fully polygonal, not a sprite, during the second phase of the final boss fight with him in Ecclesia, but, yeah, it's weird that he didn't morph into something more monstrous. Did you get all the boss treasures? You have to beat them without taking a single hit to make them appear (they rise out of the floor if you were successful)--Dracula and that giant crab in the light house are the worst, and Wall Man is the easiest.

was that supposed to be his second form? :lolz:. not very impressive at all. but i do like my final boss encounters to be short and sweet, so it worked out for me. and i didn't even know there were such thing as special boss items. don't think i came across even one. then again i did always get hit in every boss battle.

i guess it is possible to not get hit once you memorise the pattern but it would take some patience. are the special items worth it?. it will be some time before i play this again, but i might try to aim for these special boss treasures on my next playthrough.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Nah, I don't do steering wheels, but that would probably be a fun game to use one with. I haven't played the cab in ages, I kind of remember it having an oversized steering wheel, but when I googled it, it looked like a normal one.

Problem with out weekly challenge is eventually we stop doing them because we get busy with other things/ the other person's choice doesn't interest us sometimes

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
@Bogard: Nah, the items you get from beating the bosses without taking a hit are just medals, they don't have any actual use beyond bragging rights and saying you got everything.