Thread: My NDS is trying to kill me

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

My NDS is trying to kill me

Do any of you get winded from blowing into a Nintendo DS' microphone? I've read game reviews where the authors complained about that too, so, I know I'm not the only one.

I'm not overweight, and while I'm not a marathon runner or anything like that, I do exercise regularly, and I don't smoke. Nor do I have asthma or any lung-related health problems like that, but, for games that require repeatedly blowing into that damn microphone, I often end up winded and lightheaded--maybe I'm just blowing too hard? On a similar note, blowing up too many balloons when I'm decorating for a party usually leaves me winded too.

Maybe I'm just getting old . . .

Super Spy Agent

Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    Do any of you get winded from blowing into a Nintendo DS' microphone? I've read game reviews where the authors complained about that too, so, I know I'm not the only one.

I'm not overweight, and while I'm not a marathon runner or anything like that, I do exercise regularly, and I don't smoke. Nor do I have asthma or any lung-related health problems like that, but, for games that require repeatedly blowing into that damn microphone, I often end up winded and lightheaded--maybe I'm just blowing too hard? On a similar note, blowing up too many balloons when I'm decorating for a party usually leaves me winded too.

Maybe I'm just getting old . . .
    I also hate how stupid I look doing that in a public place. Hold the mic super close to your face, you can hide your identity whilst reducing the blowing effort required.

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

All you're really doing is making a high volume/pitch sound in the microphone, you don't have to blow breath in order to get that. You can even suck in air right next to the mic and that will do a better job.

Also, the original DS at least had a little microphone port near the headphone jack. I've never seen a microphone with a plug like that though.
    Last edited by HeavyMachineGun; 07-13-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Gandalf Of Gibberish

hmg is right its more about the noise(at least on wiiu for mario 3d I think it was I found that out). I wonder and doubt if that headphones with an inline mic would work. lol at being embarassed in public by this, you're already playing something beside candy crush which is only ok for girls anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddman View Post
    Just to be clear, im never apologized for flipping How would accomplish that There is still something wrong & incorrect there, despite edit.

Thread Information