CPS2 Phoenix board "exception error handling"

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Was playing my HSF2A board when this screen showed up, first time I see it, I was playing vs the CPU with Vega (Claw) against Chun-li, I turned the cabinet off and back on then I continued playing as if nothing happened, but I thought I had to report this as it may be something that hasn't been addressed before:

"press button 1 to change":

F1XVt8L.jpg

Qv4l1v1.jpg

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I'm not entirely sure what's causing the issue, but here's what I'd generally do if I'm having cps2 issues:

1) Reseat the B board/check voltage (got to be at 5v minimum)
2) Run a memory test
3) If there's memory issues, reseat the chips and/or burn new chips
4) Check if there's still a residual charge and follow this advice

From a search of the address error issue, this points to the chips being the issue.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Well I have taken the board to one of my friends place and the people here have been playing it nonstop without any issues so far, as I said before this is the first and only time I see this error.

edit: I already did as you said, reseated the B board and ran the memory tests, all checked OK!

Last edited:

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
If you've changed the region from what the ROMs were originally made for, change it back.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
A RAM issue can also cause the error you have there, A/B boards not properly attached, failing PSU or even power spike.