Thread: My mom told me about the birds and the bees but neglected the butter-smeared bugs

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

My mom told me about the birds and the bees but neglected the butter-smeared bugs

These were for an art thing that I participated in where you had to make three projects, one for birds, one for bees, and one for butterflies.

My bird is a duck skeleton action figure from NES Duck Tales:

DT_duck_skeleton_art.jpg

DT_duck_skeleton_screen.png

DT_duck_skeleton_animate.gif

DT_duck_skeleton_fab01.jpg

DT_duck_skeleton_fab02.jpg

DT_duck_skeleton_fab03.jpg

DT_duck_skeleton_fab04.jpg

duck2.jpg

DT_duck_skeleton_rotation.gif

My bee is a Queen Bee enemy from the SNES RPG Princess Minerva (which was never released in the USA). I was going to make a figurine of her as well, but I was too lazy and ran out of time, so I just drew/painted her instead. She's REALLY into penetration.

e kui-n bi- queen bee.png

PM_queenbee_sheet.gif

PM_queen_bee.jpg

And for the butterfly I made a Bread-and-Butterfly from Disney's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland:

AiW_butterfly_film1.jpg

AiW_butterfly_film2.jpg

AiW_butterfly_fab00.jpg

AiW_butterfly_fab01.jpg

AiW_butterfly_fab02.jpg

AiW_butterfly_fab03.jpg

AiW_butterfly_fab04.jpg

butterfly2.jpg

AiW_butterfly_rotation.gif

AiW_groupshot_071317.jpg

The queen bee illustration actually faces left, as seen here, but I ended up preferring her facing right, which is why I mirrored her above.

butterfly_bird_bee_trio.jpg
    Last edited by M; 07-13-2017 at 02:38 PM. Reason: changed/added photos

Withered Penis!

Staggeringly creative and awesomely executed ideas.

Truly in awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

I really like the bread and butterfly. the skeleton duck didn't do it for me much this time. maybe its because the color scheme of the character make it look like wrinkly bones? i dunno. not trying to be rude. just some feedback on it.

sidenote:
    i went to show the wife (who crafts a lot) some of your stuff, and lo and behold- you're another victim of photo bucket..

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...eature-Feature
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Sometimes, the customer doesn't always KNOW what's right.

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

@gusmoney: Thanks!

@cdamm: The bones do have little wrinkles here-and-there (such is the nature of papier mache) and the paint job may also be contributing to that impression (I watered the white paint down a bit so that the underlying newsprint would show through some for a weathered/worn effect). I was going to just go for a wood-burned effect on the newsprint, without any paint (like on the attached Wizardry Undead Kobold action figure), but decided that wouldn't really be consistent with the cartoony nature of Duck Tales.

Scrooge McDuck is too much of a tightwad to spring for quality bone-work I'm afraid! I don't mind critical comments, so, don't worry on that account.

Yup, the Photobucket situation has got me good. The thread you linked to is an older one (2014), when I was still using Photobucket links here at Neo-Geo.com, but, I switched to directly uploading them here some time ago, so, if you try some of my more recent threads, you'll have better luck with the pictures showing up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by M; 07-11-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Guerilla Warrior

Damn man, you are freaking awesome at these I just love them all. Can't believe how fast you turn these out wow!
    "NG.com breaking balls & crushing dreams since '99".

WWJCVDD?

Maximum awesome!
    Yo.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

That duck is pretty cool. Is there anyway to get the coloring to be more consistent? Or is it because the material you work on isn't smooth?

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Which colors are you referring to? Some of it is intentional, like the mottled brown on the bread crusts and spackled white on the bread whites on the butterfly's wings and the inconsistent white on the duck's bones. And the Undead Kobold skeleton isn't painted at all, just wood burned.

Armored Scrum Object

I really wish I was this creative. I can make one hell of a stick figure though lol

US Neo Geo AES system: serial #015732

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

That's a good start; most sculptures start out as stick figures in the form of a wire armature.

Thread Information