Buying a gaming PC

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Huge thank you to Chaotic Mind. I've installed windows from your link and it is all working perfectly. I really can't thank you enough for the help.

I might actually get my monies worth with this Steam machine now, and I can upgrade at a later date.

I've been spending the evening playing Jamestown, which is a game I have been wanting to play for a long time now.

Chaotic Mind

New Challenger
Huge thank you to Chaotic Mind. I've installed windows from your link and it is all working perfectly. I really can't thank you enough for the help.

I might actually get my monies worth with this Steam machine now, and I can upgrade at a later date.

I've been spending the evening playing Jamestown, which is a game I have been wanting to play for a long time now.

My pleasure. I aim to help when and where I can. Anyone can use the link for the Windows 10 LTSB image I have further back. I run it on all my machines. I love the fact I get no crapware and other shit people bitch about with this OS.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Thanks guys. I thought that may be the case, but I am a complete noob. I guess I'll have to do some research.

I really have no need for 4k, so something low to mid range would do. I was hoping something in the 」500 range, but maybe that's a bit optimistic.

Main problem atm are crazy graphics card prices as a result of the crypto mining boom.
With that budget it would probably make sense to go for say a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB for the time being, since its good for 1080p 60fps at medium / maybe high settings and prices haven't gone up to the extent that they have on the more higher end cards.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
btw radeon cards with 4gb vram or more will be run pretty much whatever you throw at it, unless you are pushing triple 4k monitors or something

nvidia is top shelf but overkill for the most part

good for killing benchmarks

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
My pleasure. I aim to help when and where I can. Anyone can use the link for the Windows 10 LTSB image I have further back. I run it on all my machines. I love the fact I get no crapware and other shit people bitch about with this OS.

Sweet! Been putting together a rig for 3D printing and 3D development and would love to test drive this version of WIN10.

Neccros007

n00b
Dont be afraid to buy stuff used... good way to get started then upgrade one thing at a time as you can afford it...

neomeo

New Challenger
PC gaming really requires more research. Are you going with AMD or Intel. Nvidia or ATI. RAM. SSD, HDD, Water-cooling or fan cooling. Monitor. Building a PC is so much fun.

PC gaming PC have always been there. PC gaming is having a renaissance now. Tekken 7 and Street Fighter 5 on PC is just amazing. Sony is very worried that people are switching over to PC.