Thoughts on ACA NEOGEO releases so far?

Been playing garou in local matchups against my friend and It was fun to revisit this superb game and convert a neophyte to it. Luv the neo games they put on it so far!!

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I bought KOF 98, Metal Slug and Neo Turf this weekend. It was really fun to play with my son on our downstairs LCD tv without having to mess with a framemeister. Don't get me wrong original hardware is always preferred, but for something quick and down and dirty we got our fix in.

So from a convenience stand point it was great to be able to take it in the car and play on the road and then come home and dock it. The joy cons suck for KOF. Maybe time to invest in the Pro Controller. Anyone play with one of those controllers with these ports?

The dpad on the pro controller actually isn't that great. I'd look at other options, like the 8bitdo or the Hori stick if you've got cash to burn.

acampero

Quiz Detective
The dpad on the pro controller actually isn't that great. I'd look at other options, like the 8bitdo or the Hori stick if you've got cash to burn.

Thank you for the heads up! I'll check out the 8bitdo. I have too many fight sticks so not looking to drop coin on a stick for some ports.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I wish they would released titles for all platforms across the board. I hate that the Switch is the only console with Blazing Star for example.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have enjoyed them so far, but I only have Blazing Star. Not to mention its the only hint of virtual console so far.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'm excited to see more releases of the Metal Slug games, but not having the option to speed up Metal Slug 2 is a bummer in all honesty. Hoping more of the Metal Slug games make it to the Switch. The PSP was nice for having the games on the go, but the load times of Metal Slug Anthology on there were a bit annoying.

On a side note, I'm still extremely surprised that Capcom hasn't taken part in the Arcade Archives at all whatsoever.

On yet another side note, I hope we eventually see Atomiswave games as part of the Arcade Archives. I've never played KOF XI or Neo Wave. Would be nice to see those along with MS6 and SamSho VI too.

acampero

Quiz Detective
I ordered the 8bitdo nes30 controller to try with the Neo games. I wanted something that also had twin analog sticks for other games which is what helped me make the decision for that particular model. I will let you all know how the dpad works. Maybe I spring for the 8bitdo arcade stick if this goes well. But at least I can do some multiplayer games now without having to break up the joycons.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
they are pretty decent and not too bad a price. and yes i know you can get these roms virtually everywhere for free but its nice to play official and legal too for quite cheap

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet
I'm working up the MS1 Hi Score leaderboard and hoping to submit an actual MVS score eventually. It's unfortunate what happened with MS3 and MSXX ( not ACA ) , the XBONE releases have an irremovable "smoothing" filter that makes them look terrible.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I'm working up the MS1 Hi Score leaderboard and hoping to submit an actual MVS score eventually. It's unfortunate what happened with MS3 and MSXX ( not ACA ) , the XBONE releases have an irremovable "smoothing" filter that makes them look terrible.

High Scores are what is making me buy and play these, I've enjoyed seeing how my scores compare to other players and I try to be the best US player on the leaderboards. I've probably logged more time with these games than I have in a while.

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
i think its really cool that they do have some of the more pricier titles like pulstar, neo turf masters, overtop and all that just so the people who cant afford physical version of the more pricy titles have an affordable option on the switch!

acampero

Quiz Detective
It was pretty cool. The other day I took my son out to lunch after his baseball practice and we sat in the booth at BJ's Brewery and setup the Switch. We each grabbed a joy con and had a blast playing Neo Turf Masters while waiting for our food to play.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
its like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory filling his apartment with copies of Catcher in the Rye

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I've been on the fence about buying Fatal Fury Special for PS4. I really want the game - have no care for online since trying Garou and having horrible matches due to lag.

I feel like I should have Fatal Fury Special, Sam Sho II, and KoF 95 on every system. Those are three games I'll just buy over and over.

Second the opinion about the Steam Neo Geo releases. I've bought a few and they were terrible.

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet
High Scores are what is making me buy and play these, I've enjoyed seeing how my scores compare to other players and I try to be the best US player on the leaderboards. I've probably logged more time with these games than I have in a while.

J/w what system and what's the high Score?

I like Caravan Mode but I wish they'd give diff options for it, like 5 Min, 10 min, etc.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've been on the fence about buying Fatal Fury Special for PS4. I really want the game - have no care for online since trying Garou and having horrible matches due to lag.

I feel like I should have Fatal Fury Special, Sam Sho II, and KoF 95 on every system. Those are three games I'll just buy over and over.

Second the opinion about the Steam Neo Geo releases. I've bought a few and they were terrible.

Fatal Fury Special release has no online capabilities so you got nothing to worry about, it's just another ACA release.