USB controller option for MVS or AES?

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I was just curious if there is a USB controller to AES/MVS converter of some type? Controllers are a commodity for Neo, I'm just trying to find a cheaper alternative. Any help is appreciated..

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I've been using the Brook PS3/PS4 lately for Neo. The button config is shite out of the box but plug it in to windows and apply the 60 second update and it's perfect! Maps perfectly to the first four buttons of my stick. There's a list of supported sticks on the Brook website, I use my VLX and Virtua Stick High Grade

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I've been using the Brook PS3/PS4 lately for Neo. The button config is shite out of the box but plug it in to windows and apply the 60 second update and it's perfect! Maps perfectly to the first four buttons of my stick. There's a list of supported sticks on the Brook website, I use my VLX and Virtua Stick High Grade

Good to know! Thank you for sharing this.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Nice! This is probably the route I'm gonna take, so I'm assuming this will work with a NEO GEO X stick? I believe they work with the PS3.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I requested Xian Xi to use USB ports for the supergun he made me. It was his first time doing this and I don't know the details / name, but the encoders he used work perfectly. I don't know if these would work as a standard in-line adapter, though.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Nice! This is probably the route I'm gonna take, so I'm assuming this will work with a NEO GEO X stick? I believe they work with the PS3.

Fuck.. Well that sucks, I ordered the brook converter already so at this point I'm committed to that route.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Actually if you want to use a NGX Controller, would it not be cheaper just to add a db 15 port and wire the buttons and joystick to it ? Then use a fitting cable or just get the cable and wire it to the buttons.

DB15 pin Neo Geo Comments
1 Common
3 Select
4 D Button
5 B Button
6 Right
7 Down
8 +5v Only for some controllers (CD)
9 D Button Duplicates pin 4
11 Start Button
12 C button
13 A button
14 Left
15 Up
(DB15 pins 2 and 10 are not connected)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I requested Xian Xi to use USB ports for the supergun he made me. It was his first time doing this and I don't know the details / name, but the encoders he used work perfectly. I don't know if these would work as a standard in-line adapter, though.

Those would be the FGW by Toodles, it's been discontinued unfortunately.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
To be honest an Undamned or Brook USB decoder would probably work just fine for you. The Undamned decoder works like a treat, and the Brook decoder works fine after you apply the firmware update to get remapped button settings. You can't go wrong with ether setup really.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
So much demand for these DB15 USB decoders, Undamned did say there would be stock on paradisearcadeshop later this summer.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
This is the way to go, buddy of mine combined a pair of Undamned boards to go along with the windy city supergun. Used it for cps3 and mvs

I have a Undamned adapter for use with my MAS supergun. Works great. I really need to buy another when they come back in stock.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
they recently restocked not that long ago, but they sell out quick, gotta be on the mailing list i assume.

Id say Undamned > Brook
The undamned is much more versatile plus with the new update i believe it accepts ps3/ps4/360 and i wanna say xbox1 too

badmind36

n00b

I'm using the Brook as well with my PS4 Hori stick, works great after the firmware update! Just ordered a 2nd one.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I'm using the Brook as well with my PS4 Hori stick, works great after the firmware update! Just ordered a 2nd one.

Any noticeable lag? Ive been weary of them ever since they claimed their adapter was faster than the laws of physics. On the otherhand ive been using the UD terminal block decoders for awhile and really like them.

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
Any noticeable lag? Ive been weary of them ever since they claimed their adapter was faster than the laws of physics. On the otherhand ive been using the UD terminal block decoders for awhile and really like them.

I bought two Brooke adaptors at launch. I noticed no lag at all. My VLXs actually feel more responsive through the adapter than the OG Neo Geo Sticks.

badmind36

n00b

Same experience as benjiedude here, no lag whatsoever. The only downfall to the thing is having no memory built in. So if you manually assign your buttons, the configuration won't save on powering down. But with the firmware update out now, there are three presets you can quickly flip to with a button combo (Type C is the default, which maps good for a fightstick, Type A is Neo CD pad setup, Type B being a "KOF" button layout).