SNES mini classic

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Preordered without problems (as I did with the NES Mini), probably one of the few positive aspects of my country is that I'm the only one neckbeard who gives a fuck about this shit.
Probably ISS Deluxe would have pushed the sales...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Wasnt the reason Starfox 2 didn't get released was because it sucked?

I am gay for the SNES Classic but don't really give a shit about Starfox 2.

MySoberCompanion

It was planned in the same time of Panzer Dragoon, Nintendo thought they could be very uncool with a low poly shooter and a N64 still absent.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
It was planned in the same time of Panzer Dragoon, Nintendo thought they could be very uncool with a low poly shooter and a N64 still absent.

I thought it was cancelled because they thought it would hurt N64 sales. "Why buy the 3D machine when I can just buy this one game that will hold me over for the holidays?" Dumb choice either way.

MySoberCompanion

I thought it was cancelled because they thought it would hurt N64 sales. "Why buy the 3D machine when I can just buy this one game that will hold me over for the holidays?" Dumb choice either way.

Probably you are right, anyway it was a late showcase, hard to impress as the prequel in 1993.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I dunno I used to have the repro cart and thought it was pretty blah

fake

15 Year Member
I dunno I used to have the repro cart and thought it was pretty blah

Apparently the ROM isn't the final version. This official one is supposedly pretty different.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Starfox 2 was pretty much canned because Nintendo didn't want to release that game so close to the N64s release. Overall they didn't want a shitty looking 3D game out at the same time their new console was going to be released.

fake

15 Year Member
Starfox 2 was pretty much canned because Nintendo didn't want to release that game so close to the N64s release. Overall they didn't want a shitty looking 3D game out at the same time their new console was going to be released.

That's what I just said. :rolleyes:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
the SFC version will apparently replaces a few titles from the US release and adds these: The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Super Soccer, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem and Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack).

Screen shot 2017-06-27 at 8.08.37 PM.png

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'd take Tetris Attack over Kirby or Mario RPG, WTF, why 2 kirbies?! Mario RPG sucks, fuck earthbound and fuck RPGs.

2 Mario Worlds are a must, both great games and different enough.

Would be cool if EMio made some sticks but hopefully nothing like the SNES advantage and the shitty skittles over the CP button placement. I know what they meant to do, the button layout still sucked, horribly.

Edit: Oh yeah, fuck Startfox 2, who cares about them shitty pseudo 3D games? FTML.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh fuck is that POS in there too?! The fuck were they thinking? Thank god no Final Faggotry III made the list.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Yeah, Star Fox 2 was ready for release by Fall 1995, but it would have conflicted with the release of the Nintendo Ultra 64. Such a memorable launch in late 95, so great...

Oh yeah, N64 got delayed a full year and launched late 1996. Star Fox 2 got canceled for absolutely nothing.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh fuck is that POS in there too?! The fuck were they thinking? Thank god no Final Faggotry III made the list.

What are your thoughts on Fire Emblem? I'm not big on JRPG but the strategic nature of these games are great. Much like chess, one false move or ill-thought decision and you're a gonner!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

nah i dont think it was that.

never played it though so i cant vouch for it but i heard it was for another reason

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
nah i dont think it was that.

never played it though so i cant vouch for it but i heard it was for another reason

I've played Star Fox 2 a lot, it's an amazing sequel and just as good as the original. It's no longer an arcade on-rails shooter, rather its a non-linear mission-based flight combat game. The best part is the Arwing Walker for ground missions, you can even jump on objects and pretend Super Mario FX wasn't just an overblown rumor.

Star Fox 2 innovates a lot more than Star Fox 64, with the balance of destroying Andross' fleets and bases while defending Corneria from attacks, all on a timer. There's quite a few textured objects as well, along with really cool water effects on the Fortuna planet. It's the game that truly tests the limits of the Super FX chip. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the original Star Fox.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
OG Star Fox was great. Never tried the sequels.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What are your thoughts on Fire Emblem? I'm not big on JRPG but the strategic nature of these games are great. Much like chess, one false move or ill-thought decision and you're a gonner!

I'll save him the trouble of posting and post for him. Fuck Fire Emblem and fuck JRPGs all together. Fuck that gay story telling bullshit.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I'm actually pretty excited to see the "final" version on Star Fox 2.

If only so someone can dump the rom and then upload it online so I can play it on my Xbox/Wii instead of forking over $80 for a glorified Raspberry Pi.

I might snag a controller though, anyone know if they use the same connector as the NES mini did? (i.e. can I use em on my wii?)

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Looks like we won't be seeing preorders tonight, unfortunately..

I'm actually pretty excited to see the "final" version on Star Fox 2.

If only so someone can dump the rom and then upload it online so I can play it on my Xbox/Wii instead of forking over $80 for a glorified Raspberry Pi.

I might snag a controller though, anyone know if they use the same connector as the NES mini did? (i.e. can I use em on my wii?)

Yes, they use the same connectors. It's shown on the Super Famicom one that the "original controller ports" are fake, and it's just a flip down cover. Kinda neat if you ask me.