SNES mini classic

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
how can I still get one of these? Trying to score one for my nephew. I know ebay prices aren't super high, but just wondering.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Keep an eye on Cheap Ass Gamer, they're pretty good at listing when stores are going to get them in.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
how can I still get one of these? Trying to score one for my nephew. I know ebay prices aren't super high, but just wondering.

Try locally , they are starting to list for $150 CAD now when they cost $113 with tax. I heard brickseek works well too. If you're in the Detroit area i would suggest following the Toys R Us Canada twitter. The announce shipments well in advance and only sell them on Saturdays so maybe head on over to Windsor when they announce some. I would suggest joining the SNES classic reddit. Hope you snag one, cheers.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Try locally , they are starting to list for $150 CAD now when they cost $113 with tax. I heard brickseek works well too. If you're in the Detroit area i would suggest following the Toys R Us Canada twitter. The announce shipments well in advance and only sell them on Saturdays so maybe head on over to Windsor when they announce some. I would suggest joining the SNES classic reddit. Hope you snag one, cheers.

thanks for the advice.

Craigslist has them up for 100 a pop, so a friend got one. He figured it's easier than dicking around with brickseek.

Then, I swappedmy modded SNES classic for his (he wanted his modded anyway), wrapped up the new untoched one for my nephew, finally I ordered a super fami classic off amazon for myself since I like the look of the japanese console better anyway.

happy ending!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That worked out well for you. Usually happy endings are a bit more than $100 a pop.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
That worked out well for you. Usually happy endings are a bit more than $100 a pop.

I hesitated to write "happy ending" knowing one of you sick fucks would twist my words

glad to see I was not disappointed

bravo!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I love it.

"This is the hanafuda captain speaking. Launching emulation in 3...2...1. Many efforts, tears and countless hours have been put into this jewel. So, please keep this place tidied up and don't break everything! Cheers, the hanafuda captain."
That's great! I hacked mine about a week or two ago. She works fine with all the new games. It was really asking for it. 21 games? Come on!
And yeah I put on fatal fury special. I liked the snes version, I had it when I was a kid.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

Ripoff. I know some hobos that are cool with a 4 for $4 from Wendys.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Can games be added using a Mac? I want to add a few carts I already own but I can't find out if it's doable with MacOS.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Can games be added using a Mac? I want to add a few carts I already own but I can't find out if it's doable with MacOS.

Short answer is the way I did it specified you needed a windows PC as a requirement. Maybe someone has developed a Mac version since then though?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just as an FYI...I'll probably be selling my SNES mini here in a few weeks. I'm still fooling with my RetroPie build and if I'm pleased with it, I'll shed the mini.

If I do decide to sell it, I'll let it go for what I have in it...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
He's about a couple months late to the party, but here's today's Ben Heck SNES Classic teardown,

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just as an FYI...I'll probably be selling my SNES mini here in a few weeks. I'm still fooling with my RetroPie build and if I'm pleased with it, I'll shed the mini.

If I do decide to sell it, I'll let it go for what I have in it...

Yea Smoke, I'm thinking about getting into the RetroPie eventually. Was it easy to setup?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yea Smoke, I'm thinking about getting into the RetroPie eventually. Was it easy to setup?

Yes, it was....and in my opinion, it absolutely destroys the SNES mini in every imaginable way.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This is what I hear. Have to give it a shot.

After "building" this Pie...I guess I just see the reason for the mini. Perhaps the form factor? Who knows. So far, I'm running NES, SNES, GEN, TG16, and arcade ROMs on the Pie over a 8bitendo Bluetooth connection controller...and it's been perfect.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Haven’t hacked my little bitch but I hooked it up with some extras.

vREWJD3.jpg