SNES mini classic

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Despite being from the UK I actually grew up having the US model of the SNES so have little interest in the PAL version. Hopefully Play-Asia will stock the US model and I can grab a pre-order from there. As mentioned by others, the inclusion of an official version of Star Fox 2 is amazing and a super shock. Aparently former Argonut staff that worked on the game said the gold master version of the game is quite different and has more content than the unfinished beta version that is common on rom sites and in repro carts.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Preorders already seem to be sold out here in the UK. I'll hold on and hope more become available nearer to the time. I'd like to own one, but I'd rather go without than pay a scalper a penny over retail.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Nintendo UK store just put their pre orders up, and at £69.99 they're £10 cheaper than most other places here in the UK.

Get in quick if you want one. I just placed my order.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
when are the preorders for the US version going live????!!!!!!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
LOL, the UK version with all those age stickers... Fucking Euros, amirite?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've been asking for an official release of Starfox 2 for a long time, so that's the part I'm excited about. I'm looking forward to an official rom online to replace the proto hack we have now. Supposedly the version we have now is somewhat incomplete. And an official English translation would be nice.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
when are the preorders for the US version going live????!!!!!!

Hopefully soon. Glad I didn't stay up last night waiting. I'm willing to bet it'll probably go live when I'm at work or some shit like that. Never really cared much for the NES Classic, but this is something I really want, honestly. I kinda get anxious about jumping in to order something. Kinda like how I was with the HD Retrovision cables. Sucks that you can't get text notifications at all for when the preorders become available.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Hopefully soon. Glad I didn't stay up last night waiting. I'm willing to bet it'll probably go live when I'm at work or some shit like that. Never really cared much for the NES Classic, but this is something I really want, honestly. I kinda get anxious about jumping in to order something. Kinda like how I was with the HD Retrovision cables. Sucks that you can't get text notifications at all for when the preorders become available.

I figure it's got to be today

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I bet Tonk knows. He's got connections. Tonk, what's the deal here?

fake

15 Year Member
Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 12.46.32 PM.png

By the way, the front of the console folds out to reveal the nunchaku ports. Cables will be 5' long.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
wat? that's dumb. still want it tho.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I guess good to know the nes mini extensions will work for the snesc

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I sure hope it's today. I hear it's up in Germany. Wonder what the hold up is here? :scratch:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Digital team is in WA. So maybe they're waiting for noon pacific?

Good point. I'd at least expect around 12 pm, 3 pm, or 5 pm. Wonder if Amazon's able to limit preorders to one per person? That'd be nice, but who's to say that they won't use multiple accounts?

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I'm not going to bother checking. I have my twitter notifications set to let me know if anything new. I talked to a friend at gamestop. He doesn't know if they'll be doing preorders or if it'll be like the nes classic with no preorder. They were received more than 100 phone calls about it yesterday. They had to setup the voice call system to let people know they have no news before going through.

fake

15 Year Member
I'm not going to bother checking. I have my twitter notifications set to let me know if anything new. I talked to a friend at gamestop. He doesn't know if they'll be doing preorders or if it'll be like the nes classic with no preorder. They were received more than 100 phone calls about it yesterday. They had to setup the voice call system to let people know they have no news before going through.

When I worked at EB and the Wii came out, we would get legit 10 calls a minute asking if we had any. I started answering the phone, "Thanks for calling EB Games. For questions about Wii, press 1." If I heard a tone, I'd hang up.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Hmm, 3 pm and no preorder.

Not so sure on the timing. For the Classic NES I remember it was early in the morning (likely between 9 and 10) since I got my Target pre-order while taking my morning poop at work.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Is there going to be a sun fade yellow edition? :keke:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Nintendo UK store just put their pre orders up, and at £69.99 they're £10 cheaper than most other places here in the UK.

Get in quick if you want one. I just placed my order.

Smyths had preorders opened for 3 hours yesterday. I got in and out like the falcon on the second Death Star. Shame this doesn't have super Star Wars. Still pretty glad I'll be getting one though. It'll look very cool parked up next to the NES mini.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Despite being from the UK I actually grew up having the US model of the SNES so have little interest in the PAL version. Hopefully Play-Asia will stock the US model and I can grab a pre-order from there. As mentioned by others, the inclusion of an official version of Star Fox 2 is amazing and a super shock. Aparently former Argonut staff that worked on the game said the gold master version of the game is quite different and has more content than the unfinished beta version that is common on rom sites and in repro carts.

holy shit i just realized that this is gonna have an official release of Star Fox 2. Now that is big news.

If i can find it for a normal price then i'll bite. i'm not camping out anywhere and im not paying scalper fees