SNES mini classic

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I predict they will be hard to come by until 2018 despite more units being manufactured. I think demand is going to be way greater than it was with the NES classic. The SNES games have aged a lot better than the NES games, at least in my opinion.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
I predict they will be hard to come by until 2018 despite more units being manufactured. I think demand is going to be way greater than it was with the NES classic. The SNES games have aged a lot better than the NES games, at least in my opinion.

I agree and the library is better than nes mini.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
SNES mini teardown confirms recycled NES mini tech.

The same processor, storage and RAM sit on an almost identical mainboard.

The use of what is essentially the same technology makes it much easier for Nintendo to resume NES mini production. Previously, Nintendo confirmed that a new run of consoles will arrive next summer, while SNES mini console stock will continue to roll out up to Christmas and into 2018. Settling on a common internal hardware design opens up economies of scale for the platform holder.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ini-teardown-confirmed-recycled-nes-mini-tech

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
All the Walmart’s near me get 30 each tonight. By comparison only two near me last time got 6 units each, so it’s at least 5 times as many this go around...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Some people are already camping out here :lolz:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Stock looks like it will be pretty good. Good luck to anyone still hunting one down!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Got to work tomorrow and I am certain stock will be gone by the time I get home.

someone scoop one for meeeeee plzzzzzzz!!!!!!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
My walmart pre-order shipping says I won't get mine till October 10th... :(

Anyone else get the same estimate?

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Apparently the Starfox 2 Rom is already on the net and works on everdrives for anyone wanting to check it out.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Apparently the Starfox 2 Rom is already on the net and works on everdrives for anyone wanting to check it out.

How does it work on everdrives when there is currently no everdrive or flashcart that supports the SuperFX chip?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
While tracking down the Star Fox 2 rom, I ended up on Reddit and saw talk of the stock levels... so I checked my Wal-Mart's stock on Brickseek and it said they had 40. So, I drove to Wal-Mart at 11PM and there were around 22 people in line and around 30 by midnight. They annoyingly allowed everyone in line to buy two... but they must've had slightly more than Brickseek listed (I think it was more like 50 units) and everyone in the back half of the line decided to not screw over the people behind them by being a greedy scalper, so everyone in line managed to at least get one.

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

[citation needed]

I told myself that I wasn't gonna be a "I'm gonna wait in line for a midnight release" person, but since I moved to a small(er) town, I managed to get one at a local Walmart here. There was 18 available, managed to be number 5 in line. Waited for 2 and a half hours, which isn't too bad.