SNES mini classic

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
There will be tears. Japes aside, I will always love the Mega Drive more but that games list shockingly tight if you like SNES. Chrono Trigger missing but otherwise that game selection is almost perfect.

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I think it is pretty great lineup for anyone who doesn't own the console. Star Fox 2 being including is awesome and a complete shock. Nice to see them officially release it. Wonder if there are differences between the ROMs that have been on the net for ages?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Yay, the same shitshow the NES Classic was. All over again.

The only way this could be alright is if Nintendo handles the PR differently- they have to just say, up front, this is a very limited item. We're not going to make many of these, they'll be in short supply, not everyone who wants one is going to be able to get one. It's a collector's item first and foremost, and we're sorry, ahead of time, to those who will want one but won't be able to find one.

Own it.

Instead, they'll say that they're going to do their best to meet demand, that they'll make more of these than they did the NES Classic, keep looking and asking about stock. Then they'll make about the same number as before, prices will hit $300 on ebay in the first week, and once again, they'll discontinue the damn thing within 6 months.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
"We didn't anticipate such high demand"

There isn't a large enough roll_eyes gif to add to this post.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Game list is tight, but who cares, people are going to hack the shit out of this anyway and load the entire library.

I'm on the fence about getting it. Especially after the supply shitshow of the Classic NES and the Switch. All they're doing is giving the scalpers more ammo to fleece people.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Wondering if the lack of supply on the NES classic was just to set this up so people gobble this in fear that it will go out of production quickly.

Either way, don't care. Played star fox 2 on emulator years ago, this is nothing special. Really just want the controllers to be honest.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Assuming there's Japanese version I'll probably try get that one.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Knowing Nintendo's laziness, I didn't expect that they change the joypad port.

Curious to see the Super Famicom list.

Call me a perv, but I've a soft spot for US Snes, you lucky ones... :oh_no:

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm holding to the opinion that the NES classic was a way to get rid of surplus wii parts (like the atomiswave was to dreamcast or TV dinners were to a surplus of frozen turkeys).

Once those Wii parts went out of stock, it wasn't feasible to produce more of them.

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This will be just like the NES classic except worse because people know it will be a limited a release. Probably wont even see a the slight price dropped the NES classic had on the used market. Fool me once...

also I see no mention of Chrono Trigger, which is a big negative for me. The rest of the game selection is still pretty solid, but smaller than the NES classic. Still no chrono trigger though, not like it really matters because even if they make more you wont be able to just buy in a in a store like a normal product .

Last edited: