Finally built a dedicated VR room

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
and it is so much better than playing VR in my living room, slamming into my couch or wall.

My wife and I moved our bed into our sunroom (180 degrees worth of windows and breezes) and our bedroom is now my office / library / sitting room / VR room.

Move the computer chair out of the middle of the room and I can get the second biggest roomscale size for Vive. Just played two hours worth of VR and finally it's not a burden to set everything up.

Lighthouses mounted on top of tripods (plaster walls, you drill into them and they fall apart unfortunately) and all the cords permanently run so that it's just fire up the computer and play.

Anyone else on here set up a dedicated VR space yet?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i didnt think that sweater on the chair was your size.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Nice. I have mine set up in my home office, which is fairly similar. My only major obstacle is the TV stand where my current consoles are set up. The TV is wall-mounted, so it's back farther, thankfully.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Cameras mount fairly easily.

The headset cable has been tricky to manage. It's not bad when you know how to handle it, but it gets in the way during demos with friends. They twist, trip, or tug on that cable.
I tried making it drop down with a tripod system, but it's not sturdy enough for most movement.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I've just had mine setup in the living room with camera tripods holding the Lighthouses since Day One. Single life has its perks.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I've just had mine setup in the living room with camera tripods holding the Lighthouses since Day One. Single life has its perks.

Our living room has an L shaped couch and the L part cuts the room in half for VR. No L and I'd have a massive (albeit rectangular) amount of space for the Vive. This at least gives me a nice play area

Now if something semi decent would come out for the Vive. Superhot VR was the last decent game and that took 57 minutes to finish

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Now if something semi decent would come out for the Vive. Superhot VR was the last decent game and that took 57 minutes to finish

Agreed. I own both the Vive and the Oculus with the Touch controllers. The Vive technology is better, but Oculus gets the better games (admittedly because they fund the developers). Overall, I wish there wasn't a "platform war" happening right now with the two - it's definitely hurting VR as a whole. Surprised that we haven't seen much out of Valve in terms of VR gaming since The Lab.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I too have a room dedicated to activities with tripods and cameras and a couch...