Intersting find in a comic shop...

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I walked into a Hot Comics & Collectibles last Monday and spotted this in the small case of video games they had. Crammed between some old Genesis and NES games they had 2 MVS carts in with the mix...

20170619_135522.jpg

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Sure looks like it. Was this a comic book shop in the Twin Cities? OP is from St. Paul. I live in MN too :) Never thought I'd see any MVS action around here out in the wild.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Damn, that is actually a pretty solid price! They must have priced it in 2016 :lolz:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
What was the second cart? Wonder how the ended up there in the first place, fairly random...

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah, that actually is a good price. There's a used video game store here in Orlando that has an MVS game as well. It's one of the KOF's, like 2001 I think, and it's the complete kit, but it's totally overpriced.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
LMBO at more than 300 for a dang Ganryu MVS. Jesus

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Sure looks like it. Was this a comic book shop in the Twin Cities? OP is from St. Paul. I live in MN too :) Never thought I'd see any MVS action around here out in the wild.

Yep, it was the Hot Comics kind of over by the Mall of America. Not too often I see that stuff around town ever, last few things was a local game shop had a few AES carts a couple years back and I ran across a metal slug 2 in a cabinet at a laundromat...but that's been about it really...

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Did you buy it?

Yeah he took $40 off so I picked it up... It's one of two MVS games I've been looking to try out still, so there was a novelty to finding it in public, especially since it doesn't seem to come up for sale very often. That and I've had a spare art set for it laying around for sometime too so...kinda nice to have those two items together...

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Great find in a comic book store! Congrats! A member just sold Ganryu MVS here for $450 not too long ago.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
You found a local, low-serial MVS cart AND got a discount? I am a bit jealous. I am confined to Neo Geo X wares in the wild or just about nothing at all.