Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you guys store your PCBS?

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Quote Originally Posted by themisterfalcon View Post
    Yep Kallax shelf as hyper mentioned. For the cubes themselves, Daiso Japan actually has what I have found to be the best. Ikea and other home stores sell those inserts in various fabrics and plastics, they are all pretty weak and break down easy. The Daiso ones are made out of the same-ish material as seat belts and woven so they are extra strong. And since it's Daiso they are cheap as well!
    At first I thought they were milk crates (looking at them on my phone), but when I tried that idea this weekend, it didn't fit most of my boards, lol.
    Take a bite out of crime.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Target has a similar solution and the cubes are the same size as the IKEA shelf, in case you don't have an IKEA near you.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=..._s#sn-50253251

Spoiler:
    also lol
    51259030.jpg

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

Just wanted to thank Mr. Falcon for posting the storage bin solution. I picked up a 13in ClosetMaid bin this weekend while out shopping, and it tidies up my modest collection of PCBs quite nicely. Thanks again!

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith

Nice! I like those thick anti-static bags too. I was thinking about switching from the type.

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

I lucked out and found those bags on Amazon last summer. They are thick but not too thick if you know what I mean. 6 mil I believe.

New Challenger

Anti Static bag + Bubble wrap + Good sturdy box works best for me. Old computer motherboard boxes work nicely if the board isn't too large.

Zero's Tailor

After reading this thread, I looked at my pile of pcbs thrown in the corner and felt pretty bad.

Ended up using a bunch of Amazon boxes (the 1AD size is my current fav) with some bubble wrap, seems decent enough for now.

Amano's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    Just wanted to thank Mr. Falcon for posting the storage bin solution. I picked up a 13in ClosetMaid bin this weekend while out shopping, and it tidies up my modest collection of PCBs quite nicely. Thanks again!

I like this layout a lot more than keeping my stuff in post office boxes. Looks better, I can measure my PCBs and put them in some antistatic bags so they look legit.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Ninja Combat Warrior

I had some Protektive Pak anti-static boxes show up today, so I was finally able to get my collection stored properly.

IMG_3418.JPG

Geese's Limo Driver

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    I had some Protektive Pak anti-static boxes show up today, so I was finally able to get my collection stored properly.

IMG_3418.JPG
    Very nice bro, I like the prices of these a lot more than U-Line lol.
    "NG.com breaking balls & crushing dreams since '99".

Crazed MVS Addict

Anti static wrap/bags and USPS priority boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

What two size box did you go with?

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

Banned

Has anyone got one of those 6 way Jamma switch hub boards? I was thinking of getting one of those so I don't have to store as many on shelves, boxes, ect. That way up to 6 are functionally stored in a working Jamma cab.

KING of teh SCOOPS!

I use document mailers combined with bubble wrap and some anti static bags. Labels made by my wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Just got some Protektive Pak 16 X 12-1/4 X 3-1/2" ESD boxes. They also make a 15 1/2 X 12 1/2 X 2 1/2 as well, but I feel you should go with these as it gives you more options if your pcb doesn't fit.

They work extremely well for CPS1 stacks with feet and sngle layer boards with feet (provided you pad the bottom with some bubble wrap. The bottom foam can come out as well). I still have a few more boards I need to pull out and put in these. Additionally, I need to print some labels off.

IMG_0538.JPG

I also snipped off some of the points on the foam as I felt it was a little too tight for a cps1 stack. Cutting off the tips makes it fit snug.

IMG_0535.JPG

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...alkey809-37073

If you are considering purchasing these, I would totally recommend mouser. I got 7 of these shipped to me for $94, $10 of that being priority shipping. when I checked on Protektive pak's website they were asking around $60-80 for shipping alone. So in total, the boxes came out to be around $14 from mouser, which isn't that bad. I'll show a picture later when I get everything together, it'll pretty much look like ShootTheCore's post.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 08-13-2017 at 10:08 PM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

Bashful Neophyte

Neat. You shoulda married my wife!

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    In Trump's America, getting further and further from God

Quote Originally Posted by dailyone View Post
    Neat. You shoulda married my wife!
    Why? Because he's black?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me
    LOL.. Get rekt, lonely boy

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Those Protektive pack boxes are really neat Im gonna look into that.

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    I use document mailers combined with bubble wrap and some anti static bags. Labels made by my wife.
    You should never store your boards horizontally, even if they are in protective material. It can cause unnecessary warping.

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Quote Originally Posted by themisterfalcon View Post
    You should never store your boards horizontally, even if they are in protective material. It can cause unnecessary warping.
    I wouldn't worry about the single-layer boards, of which there's a few I recognize in the pics. Double- and triple-stack boards, on the other hand, yeah, I could see it being an issue over time.
    Take a bite out of crime.

Thread Information