How do you guys store your PCBS?

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Newb question but how do you guys store your PCBS? I know to store them in a anti static bag but do you buy small plastic bins for each one or what?

Last edited:

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
@ BlackaneseNiNjA Looking through that thread you posted those plastic containers look pretty slick. Thanks for that info. :glee:
@ ggallegos1 I could get those for PCBs Im not to crazy about thank you brother.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
For now I'm using USPS priority & the longer priority express boxes. I want to later down the road get the U-Line boxes but damn they are expensive as hell.

brizzo

n00b
Most of my pcbs are stored in large heavy duty plastic totes made for stacking. Put in ESD bag, wrap in bubble wrap, sandwich boards together on end like a filing cabinet

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have a dedicated cab for each one of my PCBs :cool:

j/k...Most are in antistatic bags in recycled shipping boxes. Some are in bags stacked on a bookshelf.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
- Multiple passes with bubble wrap
- Placed in antistatic bags
- Labeled and stacked vertically
- Tucked into storage cubes to minimize visual clutter

34683051203_ffe41ef5c4_o.jpg

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

Neat solution, but I can imagine that everytime you want to play a game it's pain in the ass to put one back and get the other one out.

I'm in the same situation and was looking for a similar solution, albeit a more "practical" one since I often swap boards in my cab.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Very nice Eric! I really dig that setup a lot, that's the only pita I have for PCB's all the damn room they take up.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Garbage bag in the corner of the room...

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Neat solution, but I can imagine that everytime you want to play a game it's pain in the ass to put one back and get the other one out.

Well duh sounds like you need some more cabs then!

Very nice Eric! I really dig that setup a lot, that's the only pita I have for PCB's all the damn room they take up.

Thanks. Living in San Francisco space is very precious. Also if games don't fit in this system they tend to have a short life in my collection. Blessing/curse it stops me from collecting older (bigger) PCBs.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Thanks. Living in San Francisco space is very precious. Also if games don't fit in this system they tend to have a short life in my collection. Blessing/curse it stops me from collecting older (bigger) PCBs.

Nice, good method for staying practical as much as you can. Older PCB's oh man, they definitely are some monstrosities out there. My biggest is Ninja Gaiden damn triple decker don't know why some of these had to be so big.

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Yeah...Sega Model 2 stuff (like my Zero Gunner) are huge....same for a 4slot NG, and taito F3....all the old atari and Pac boards run really long too.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

Ah! I would definitely get more than one cab if I had the space. I think I'm going to get a small one, maybe an Aero City for vert shmups since rotating the monitor in my Astro City requires at least two people everytime.

But yeah, having only a single cab I find myself switching boards every 2-3 days (exception applies, now my Street Fighter EX Plus has been for 2 weeks in and still can't get enough. I've played it to death when I was a kid in the arcades).

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member

Stealing this idea for my CPS2 games. I have Uline antistic foam shipping boxes for all my PCBs, but they feel like overkill for CPS2 and the CPS2 games barely fit in the size box I have.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
PCB in anti static bags
IMG_0010-4.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn mainman, that's awesome but it's also the point of no return...I'd be so overwhelmed...now I feel better about my conundrum with having lots of shit.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

Oooh, I really like that storage cube idea! Where did you get those?

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Oooh, I really like that storage cube idea! Where did you get those?

Yep Kallax shelf as hyper mentioned. For the cubes themselves, Daiso Japan actually has what I have found to be the best. Ikea and other home stores sell those inserts in various fabrics and plastics, they are all pretty weak and break down easy. The Daiso ones are made out of the same-ish material as seat belts and woven so they are extra strong. And since it's Daiso they are cheap as well!