How do you guys store your PCBS?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Yep Kallax shelf as hyper mentioned. For the cubes themselves, Daiso Japan actually has what I have found to be the best. Ikea and other home stores sell those inserts in various fabrics and plastics, they are all pretty weak and break down easy. The Daiso ones are made out of the same-ish material as seat belts and woven so they are extra strong. And since it's Daiso they are cheap as well!

At first I thought they were milk crates (looking at them on my phone), but when I tried that idea this weekend, it didn't fit most of my boards, lol.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Just wanted to thank Mr. Falcon for posting the storage bin solution. I picked up a 13in ClosetMaid bin this weekend while out shopping, and it tidies up my modest collection of PCBs quite nicely. Thanks again!

b26e1149cb1c15d99b7790a0887ebd76.jpg

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Nice! I like those thick anti-static bags too. I was thinking about switching from the type.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I lucked out and found those bags on Amazon last summer. They are thick but not too thick if you know what I mean. 6 mil I believe.

quakesin

n00b
Anti Static bag + Bubble wrap + Good sturdy box works best for me. Old computer motherboard boxes work nicely if the board isn't too large.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
After reading this thread, I looked at my pile of pcbs thrown in the corner and felt pretty bad.

Ended up using a bunch of Amazon boxes (the 1AD size is my current fav) with some bubble wrap, seems decent enough for now.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just wanted to thank Mr. Falcon for posting the storage bin solution. I picked up a 13in ClosetMaid bin this weekend while out shopping, and it tidies up my modest collection of PCBs quite nicely. Thanks again!

b26e1149cb1c15d99b7790a0887ebd76.jpg

I like this layout a lot more than keeping my stuff in post office boxes. Looks better, I can measure my PCBs and put them in some antistatic bags so they look legit.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I had some Protektive Pak anti-static boxes show up today, so I was finally able to get my collection stored properly.

IMG_3418.JPG

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Anti static wrap/bags and USPS priority boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Has anyone got one of those 6 way Jamma switch hub boards? I was thinking of getting one of those so I don't have to store as many on shelves, boxes, ect. That way up to 6 are functionally stored in a working Jamma cab.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I use document mailers combined with bubble wrap and some anti static bags. Labels made by my wife.
g8Bx1cc.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Just got some Protektive Pak 16 X 12-1/4 X 3-1/2" ESD boxes. They also make a 15 1/2 X 12 1/2 X 2 1/2 as well, but I feel you should go with these as it gives you more options if your pcb doesn't fit.

They work extremely well for CPS1 stacks with feet and sngle layer boards with feet (provided you pad the bottom with some bubble wrap. The bottom foam can come out as well). I still have a few more boards I need to pull out and put in these. Additionally, I need to print some labels off.

IMG_0538.JPG

I also snipped off some of the points on the foam as I felt it was a little too tight for a cps1 stack. Cutting off the tips makes it fit snug.

IMG_0535.JPG

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=37073virtualkey52010000virtualkey809-37073

If you are considering purchasing these, I would totally recommend mouser. I got 7 of these shipped to me for $94, $10 of that being priority shipping. when I checked on Protektive pak's website they were asking around $60-80 for shipping alone. So in total, the boxes came out to be around $14 from mouser, which isn't that bad. I'll show a picture later when I get everything together, it'll pretty much look like ShootTheCore's post.

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I use document mailers combined with bubble wrap and some anti static bags. Labels made by my wife.
g8Bx1cc.jpg

You should never store your boards horizontally, even if they are in protective material. It can cause unnecessary warping.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
You should never store your boards horizontally, even if they are in protective material. It can cause unnecessary warping.

I wouldn't worry about the single-layer boards, of which there's a few I recognize in the pics. Double- and triple-stack boards, on the other hand, yeah, I could see it being an issue over time.