Thread: Weird question regarding speakers - I need it to vibrate

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Weird question regarding speakers - I need it to vibrate

I know vibrate is a trigger word for humor...and I totally agree, but bear with me.

I have some standard arcade cab style speakers. I need them to vibrate. I'm not trying to make a vibration speaker where you set it on a surface or whatever.

I don't even need it to play audio. I just need it to hum loudly. I thought I could achieve this by just connecting some power to the speaker terminals instead of speaker wire. Is this true? I literally just need that loud/annoying hum you get when things aren't hooked up right. Louder/stronger the better.

Any electronics guys or audiophiles know how I can pull this off?
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

Gandalf Of Gibberish

Sorry I cant help more. but I wnt to knoew why , and more abkout this. bump?
    Quote Originally Posted by maddman View Post
    Just to be clear, im never apologized for flipping How would accomplish that There is still something wrong & incorrect there, despite edit.

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    I just need it to hum loudly. I thought I could achieve this by just connecting some power to the speaker terminals instead of speaker wire. Is this true?
    No, this will not work. You will at most hear a click when you connect the power and nothing else. This is because speakers work with signals that change frequency, and a constant power supply only changes frequency of the speaker when you connect it, never again. I guess you will need some circuit that can generate signals that the speaker understands, even if very basic.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    No, this will not work. You will at most hear a click when you connect the power and nothing else. This is because speakers work with signals that change frequency, and a constant power supply only changes frequency of the speaker when you connect it, never again. I guess you will need some circuit that can generate signals that the speaker understands, even if very basic.
    That's kind of what I assumed. I might just find/create some audio files that generate the frequency I need and just loop on an old iphone/mp3 player. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    Sorry I cant help more. but I wnt to knoew why , and more abkout this. bump?

Just experimenting
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

赤裸裸的汽車人

Create interference by having unshielded wires running parallel to a power cord with AC running through it.
    http://www.behindthemixer.com/track-...-sound-system/
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

I turned off signatures. So should you.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Create interference by having unshielded wires running parallel to a power cord with AC running through it.
    http://www.behindthemixer.com/track-...-sound-system/
    nice!

Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    will check this out - looks somewhat complicated but might not be as bad as it looks thx!

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

I can't understand a word this guy says - but THIS is what I am trying to do. Can anyone point me in a good direction for a layman?

Around the 4:00'ish mark specifically

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Sounds like I could do this with a tone/frequency generator and set the frequency I need?
    Last edited by pixeljunkie; 07-14-2017 at 01:05 PM.

赤裸裸的汽車人

It doesn't show but I would suspect that the large speaker is connected to the same motor thing he shows earlier in the video.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    It doesn't show but I would suspect that the large speaker is connected to the same motor thing he shows earlier in the video.
    Yeah - I bought a frequency/tone generator. Solved my problems.

Thread Information