Metal Slug 4 MVS , original or boot ?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi members , i got this Metal Slug 4 cart recently and i think it's a boot. I want to verify if it is or not , if it is i am going to return it.

chat soon

Y8YPxw.jpg

bph2aW.jpg

s8n187

Quiz Detective
this boot didn't boot on my machine , probably would have burst into flames.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cool intel chips though... and to bootleg MS4 :lolz:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Doesn't anyone read the sticky thread before posting?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If nothing else, the boards don't have a SNK logo on them anywhere. I've seen bootleg boards that say SNK (and of course you can reuse SNK boards), but in any case the absence of a logo is a clear tipoff.

That soldering is fucking awful though.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
why people want to bootleg MS4???

It's actually a good question, since the game did not sell well (it's 2017 and NOS kits can still be found at decent prices) so it seems strange to bootleg it. Maybe they just bootlegged whatever new game came out?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Disagree. I think all Slugs were desirable to operators. It makes sense for any installments in the heavy hitter series like KOF or MS to get bootlegged.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Disagree. I think all Slugs were desirable to operators. It makes sense for any installments in the heavy hitter series like KOF or MS to get bootlegged.

This. Boots of late release games like this were made when the games were new to sell to operators for less than the originals, not to dupe foolish collectors in 2017 like the countless TSS eprom boots on eBay.