Sound issue with NGDEV games

p3lagic

n00b
I have an MV1F board which is having some sound issues with two ngdev games (neo xyz and fast striker, all others games including other ngdevs work just fine). The gist of it is that both games play sound perfectly on the 1st level but one subsequent levels there are issues, i.e. no sound. ♥What's interesting is that it only happens if I press the start button while the stats screen is up between stages. If I don't press the start button then the sound starts fine on the next level. I just find it really strange and was wondering if this is a bug in the software or if something might be wrong with my boards. anyone else encountered something like this?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I have an MV1F board which is having some sound issues with two ngdev games (neo xyz and fast striker, all others games including other ngdevs work just fine). The gist of it is that both games play sound perfectly on the 1st level but one subsequent levels there are issues, i.e. no sound. ♥What's interesting is that it only happens if I press the start button while the stats screen is up between stages. If I don't press the start button then the sound starts fine on the next level. I just find it really strange and was wondering if this is a bug in the software or if something might be wrong with my boards. anyone else encountered something like this?

I do not have any of the problem games, but I tried pressing Start between levels on Gunlord and Razion, and they work fine anyway after that. Tested on an MV1C and an MV2F. Try cleaning the carts. It also may be worth writing an email to NGDEV Team and ask if they have any clue what may be happening. Also testing with another MVS board sounds like a good idea.

Regards.

p3lagic

n00b
Thanks for the reply and testing a few games out. Also I'm going to reaching out to ngdev to see what they think