Blue Windjammers MVS cart

kevlo9

New Challenger
Just picked up this Windjammers MVS cart..

IMG_8570.JPG

It has a fake (printed) label and is in a blue case.

It works fine, but just curious if there is a way to tell by checking the boards if its a bootleg or not? Thanks.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Go to mvs-scans to check and compare, or next time, open the cart up and take a picture of the boards if you know the label is fake or can safely pull out the boards without creasing the label.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The boards are likely real unless people started bootlegging Windjammers due to its recent popularity.

The blue case and label are fake. A replacement.

kevlo9

New Challenger
The boards are likely real unless people started bootlegging Windjammers due to its recent popularity.

The blue case and label are fake. A replacement.

Yeah, I checked the boards and they are legit. The case/label threw me for a loop.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
That blue shell looks nice for a replacement case though. Wish NG Dev was using them for their recent re-releases.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That blue shell looks nice for a replacement case though. Wish NG Dev was using them for their recent re-releases.

Those blue shells are a bit shit (the Windjammers one, not NG Dev's blue shells). They dont fit properly and the screws frequently break off.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Those blue shells are a bit shit (the Windjammers one, not NG Dev's blue shells). They dont fit properly and the screws frequently break off.

This. So much this...

The shells NG Dev used for their latest reprints are much better quality than those blue shells that this Windjammers is in. My Fast Striker is in an NG Dev blue shell and that's a solid shell. But those cheap ass Chinese blue shells like on the above Windjammers cart leave much to be desired.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I used to have a copy of Razion that came from NG Dev in a blue shell that was very solid. I assumed that this shell was the same, but I'm not surprised to learn that it's cheap Chinese crap. It still begs the question though - why didn't NG Dev keep using their blue shells? I hate the shell on my new Gun Lord reprint.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The blue ones were designed by Yaton and manufactured in China originally for the Chinese market. Once he started exporting those carts en mass, the blue carts could then be found all over the place. TBH they aren't terrible - the fit is decent enough and they are very similar to the originals. I've seen a number of other black/clear cases on bootlegs with matte finishes that are absolute trash.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The blue ones were designed by Yaton and manufactured in China originally for the Chinese market. Once he started exporting those carts en mass, the blue carts could then be found all over the place. TBH they aren't terrible - the fit is decent enough and they are very similar to the originals. I've seen a number of other black/clear cases on bootlegs with matte finishes that are absolute trash.

Yea, the Kizuna Encounter I have has one of those Yaton Cases. Not as Nice as the original black ones but they do the job.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I used to have a copy of Razion that came from NG Dev in a blue shell that was very solid. I assumed that this shell was the same, but I'm not surprised to learn that it's cheap Chinese crap. It still begs the question though - why didn't NG Dev keep using their blue shells? I hate the shell on my new Gun Lord reprint.

Those NGdev blue shells are really nice. He should stick to those translucent cases. Use a different color for every reprint.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Does nobody read the sticky before posting? And yeah, the NGDev OG blue shells are really nice. Much better than that wood faggotry.