Thread: Blue Windjammers MVS cart

New Challenger

Blue Windjammers MVS cart

Just picked up this Windjammers MVS cart..

IMG_8570.JPG

It has a fake (printed) label and is in a blue case.

It works fine, but just curious if there is a way to tell by checking the boards if its a bootleg or not? Thanks.
    Last edited by kevlo9; 06-15-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Go to mvs-scans to check and compare, or next time, open the cart up and take a picture of the boards if you know the label is fake or can safely pull out the boards without creasing the label.
    Last edited by JoeAwesome; 06-15-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    Take a bite out of crime.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    Go to mvs-scans to check and compare, or next time, open the cart up and take a picture of the boards if you know the label is fake or can safely pull out the boards without creasing the label.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

The boards are likely real unless people started bootlegging Windjammers due to its recent popularity.

The blue case and label are fake. A replacement.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    The boards are likely real unless people started bootlegging Windjammers due to its recent popularity.

The blue case and label are fake. A replacement.
    Yeah, I checked the boards and they are legit. The case/label threw me for a loop.

Zero's Tailor

That blue shell looks nice for a replacement case though. Wish NG Dev was using them for their recent re-releases.

Neo*Geomancer

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    That blue shell looks nice for a replacement case though. Wish NG Dev was using them for their recent re-releases.
    Those blue shells are a bit shit (the Windjammers one, not NG Dev's blue shells). They dont fit properly and the screws frequently break off.

Mr Square Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Those blue shells are a bit shit (the Windjammers one, not NG Dev's blue shells). They dont fit properly and the screws frequently break off.
    This. So much this...

The shells NG Dev used for their latest reprints are much better quality than those blue shells that this Windjammers is in. My Fast Striker is in an NG Dev blue shell and that's a solid shell. But those cheap ass Chinese blue shells like on the above Windjammers cart leave much to be desired.

[Rot] 2:38 am: Z'OMG... ANYTHING... is cool in 15/70... even GregN home movies

Zero's Tailor

I used to have a copy of Razion that came from NG Dev in a blue shell that was very solid. I assumed that this shell was the same, but I'm not surprised to learn that it's cheap Chinese crap. It still begs the question though - why didn't NG Dev keep using their blue shells? I hate the shell on my new Gun Lord reprint.

Mickey's Coach

The blue ones were designed by Yaton and manufactured in China originally for the Chinese market. Once he started exporting those carts en mass, the blue carts could then be found all over the place. TBH they aren't terrible - the fit is decent enough and they are very similar to the originals. I've seen a number of other black/clear cases on bootlegs with matte finishes that are absolute trash.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    The blue ones were designed by Yaton and manufactured in China originally for the Chinese market. Once he started exporting those carts en mass, the blue carts could then be found all over the place. TBH they aren't terrible - the fit is decent enough and they are very similar to the originals. I've seen a number of other black/clear cases on bootlegs with matte finishes that are absolute trash.
    Yea, the Kizuna Encounter I have has one of those Yaton Cases. Not as Nice as the original black ones but they do the job.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    I used to have a copy of Razion that came from NG Dev in a blue shell that was very solid. I assumed that this shell was the same, but I'm not surprised to learn that it's cheap Chinese crap. It still begs the question though - why didn't NG Dev keep using their blue shells? I hate the shell on my new Gun Lord reprint.
    Those NGdev blue shells are really nice. He should stick to those translucent cases. Use a different color for every reprint.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Does nobody read the sticky before posting? And yeah, the NGDev OG blue shells are really nice. Much better than that wood faggotry.
    >

Thread Information