Thread: Solved: Cave shooties have the shakes on Vewlix clone.

Super Spy Agent

Solved: Cave shooties have the shakes on Vewlix clone.

So I have some Cave shooties on a Vewlix L clone ran througha Gonbes 8200 scaler. All of my other boards look fine, but for some reason both of them have the same issue.

Any suggestions or ideas? This is one issue that I just haven't been able to work out.

Last edited by xRealNinjuzx; 06-16-2017 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Title change
    Proud Owner of Aero City!

Good Deals/Sellers:

Neostore.com - norton9478 - SonGohan - Joe McCabe - T_Smallz - Greatkiller - vwlunatic

Genyosai's Servant

It definitely looks like a sync problem. If it were me, on a hunch, I'd try 220ohm resistor on the sync line before it hits the scaler.

Super Spy Agent

Quote Originally Posted by skate323k137 View Post
    It definitely looks like a sync problem. If it were me, on a hunch, I'd try 220ohm resistor on the sync line before it hits the scaler.
    For sure. I'll pick up a couple tomorrow and give it a shot and report back. I gotta go pick some up and possibly in the meantime someone else will have ideas.

Thanks for the suggestion

Good Deals/Sellers:

Neostore.com - norton9478 - SonGohan - Joe McCabe - T_Smallz - Greatkiller - vwlunatic

Super Spy Agent

Got this one solved. Derick sent me a guide someone wrote on how to make the Gonbes scaler less garbage, and one of the things the dude did was replace the power with a 5v 2.5a power supply. It occurred to me that the one point in the equation that I had not changed was from where it was getting power from. I wired the scaler up directly to the power supply and it mostly reduced the shakes. Set it to auto and voila. No more wiggles.

Thanks for your suggestion skate. <3

Good Deals/Sellers:

Thread Information