GOP Lawmaker Targeted

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am going with "not justified." The shooter made the entire GOP martyrs, by allegedly having a Bernie picture on his profile. He had 4 police reports of violent conduct, but no convictions, which stopped the criminal background check from denying him legal purchases of the gun that he used. This could have been avoided with better laws.

But I will point back to Trump's words last week, where he expressed "sympathy" to the Iranian people who were killed by terrorists, but then threatened them that bad things happen to those who sponsor state terror. Trump is going to have a lot of people killed. This is his tool. It will be used to help Gillespie win the governor seat in a few months, even though Gillespie isn't a trumpling, because Gillespie will still need to stack his office with Trump sympathizers.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

If political violence from "the left" and "the right" was an actual effort at political revolution I would at the very least respect if not support it. It seems however that each side only gets antsy when it isn't their personal brand of statism in power.

It is like shooting NFL team owners during a pickup rugby game because they sell Pepsi at the Super Bowl and you like Coca-Cola.

lithy

20 Year Member
I am going with "not justified." The shooter made the entire GOP martyrs, by allegedly having a Bernie picture on his profile. He had 4 police reports of violent conduct, but no convictions, which stopped the criminal background check from denying him legal purchases of the gun that he used. This could have been avoided with better laws.

Telling paragraph.

First, it seems you think it isn't justified only because it hurts the cause. You cheer punching a Nazi because they are an insignificant minority, but target a Republican and there are enough fence sitters that will feel sympathetic that it Is ultimately worse for Democrats even if they secretly otherwise agree with the action.

Next you seem to suggest that "better" laws would remove a constitutional right because of an arrest and charge without a conviction. Do people charged with appropriate crimes go on the sex offender registry if they are acquitted? No thanks.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What the fuck does my post about the definition of fascism have to do with shooting a congressperson?

Last edited:

lithy

20 Year Member
What the fuck does my post about the definition of fascism have to do with shooting a congressperson?

I guess it depends on if you think the functional or literal definition of fascism would include shooting political opponents

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Telling paragraph.

First, it seems you think it isn't justified only because it hurts the cause. You cheer punching a Nazi because they are an insignificant minority, but target a Republican and there are enough fence sitters that will feel sympathetic that it Is ultimately worse for Democrats even if they secretly otherwise agree with the action.

Next you seem to suggest that "better" laws would remove a constitutional right because of an arrest and charge without a conviction. Do people charged with appropriate crimes go on the sex offender registry if they are acquitted? No thanks.

America became great by killing the Nazis. It's okay for us to see them as the enemy.

As for the bill of rights, we may assume that everyone is entitled to the rights therein, but this is not necessarily true. Many people in the US do not qualify to own a gun. Search and seizure rights don't apply to americans returning from overseas in the customs line. And in some cases, a woman doesn't have the right to her own body.

Limiting the ability of a violent person to purchase firearms would not be a horrible approach to the 2nd amendment. The intent of the founders wasn't to arm every angry fuckwit.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
:lolz: Confirmed. Lithy is Tucker Carlson. Def explains the bow tie on the penguin.

Marek

Banned
Justified right?

A real American hero, standing up for the common man against the tyranny of Trump.

Really dude?

I'd say punching Spencer in the face at a protest and unloading a magazine of bullets on a baseball practice are not comparable.

But I'm glad you wasted the time to dig up those quotes.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I guess it depends on if you think the functional or literal definition of fascism would include shooting political opponents

Definitional hand-wringing is not the same as justificational hand-wringing.