My MVS cabs

kevlo9

New Challenger
Hello. New here, but not new to NEO GEO. My favorite system as a kid and I spent allot of $$$ in the arcades. Finally, about 6 months ago I picked up my first NEO GEO MVS cab...Big Red (6 slot)! A few months later I came across a MVS mini (2 slot) and had to have it! I now have 15 carts and can't get enough (more on the way)!

UPDATED WITH NEW PICS :)

image5.JPG

image1(1).JPG

image2.JPG

image6.JPG

Attachments

• 17126121_1874997936045965_2547217508369170432_n.jpg
    17126121_1874997936045965_2547217508369170432_n.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 968
Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Hello. New here, but not new to NEO GEO. My favorite system as a kid and I spent allot of $$$ in the arcades. Finally, about 6 months ago I picked up my first NEO GEO MVS cab...Big Red (6 slot)! A few months later I came across a MVS mini (2 slot) and had to have it! I have about 10 carts and can't get enough! This is an older pic of them side by side in my garage. Hoping to add a Neo Geo candy soon.

View attachment 45225

Hey another Louisvillian!

Nice cabs! I've always wanted a Neo mini.

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
I like seeing the two cabs side-by-side like that. It's as if the 6-slot is standing up for its younger sibling.

kevlo9

New Challenger
Thanks guys! Digging the forum!

So about 8 months ago I jumped in and picked up my first arcade cab. It was a refurbed Dynamo with custom artwork and a Pandora's Box 3 in it (far right in the pic below)...

IMG_8283.JPG

It originally had an LCD monitor in it, I replaced it with a CRT (which was a bundle purchase that included some Neo Geo carts). I started playing a TON of Neo Geo games again. I WAS HOOKED!

I started looking for a Neo Geo cab. About 2 months later I found the 6 slot. It was in GREAT shape and came with 7 carts. I got it for a GREAT price (including delivery)! I did get the monitor re-capped, installed a new flyback, and replaced the buttons. Everything else is still original and works great. I'm looking the replace the EL paper for the mini marquees sometime in the near future.

A couple months later I came across the mini at our annual arcade event (Louisville Arcade Expo). A guy had two of them on display. I'd never seen one before and spent most of my time playing them. One of them was for sale, so we worked out a deal and it came home with me. FYI...the mini fits perfectly in the back of a 2015 Kia Soul ;) It's in GREAT shape with very low plays. The only thing that I had to do was replace the 2nd player joystick.

I'm super grateful to have these cabs!

I'm hoping to add a Neo Geo candy sometime soon.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Hello. You have any Neo Geo cabs? By chance, did you check out the last Louisville Arcade Expo?

Yep, I've got a Neo 25 candy cab.

I was also at Louisville Arcade Expo briefly, I remember seeing the two mini's there but I thought the sign on them said "Not for sale". Kinda wish I'd have paid closer attention now, ohh well looks like it found a good home.

kevlo9

New Challenger
Yep, I've got a Neo 25 candy cab.

I was also at Louisville Arcade Expo briefly, I remember seeing the two mini's there but I thought the sign on them said "Not for sale". Kinda wish I'd have paid closer attention now, ohh well looks like it found a good home.

Nice! Those Neo 25 Candy's are SWEET!

Yeah, originally neither of them were for sale. The guy broke down and bought a pin on Sunday and decided to put one of them up for sale.

A buddy of mine had a couple Candy's at the show.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Really cool Dynamo Refurb, excellent! I refurbed a Dynamo with SF2CE all legit, great cabs, my only gripe is the CP angle, it can get to you after a while but a great cab nonetheless.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Having that mini neo next to its big brother is pretty awesome! Growing up I recalled playing on dynamos fairly often so I'm also a fan of them. Very nice!

kevlo9

New Challenger
Really cool Dynamo Refurb, excellent! I refurbed a Dynamo with SF2CE all legit, great cabs, my only gripe is the CP angle, it can get to you after a while but a great cab nonetheless.

Yes, the CP (on the Dynamo) takes some getting used to.

Wow! I've still got tracking down an Astro City on my cab purchase to-do list.

Great set of cabs you've got there!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Galaxy Fight? Pls for teh love of god tell me that came with something else you bought and that you didn't buy it on purpose... (one of the 2 worst fighters on the neo imo)

Nice cabs btw. A 4 slut big red is on my "someday" list still.

kevlo9

New Challenger
Galaxy Fight? Pls for teh love of god tell me that came with something else you bought and that you didn't buy it on purpose... (one of the 2 worst fighters on the neo imo)

Nice cabs btw. A 4 slut big red is on my "someday" list still.

Yes, it did :) I do like it, not as bad as I thought.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
very awesome cab collection!!! just recently picked up a neo geo gold cab. currently in the process of getting some new joysticks and would eventually like to get a new or repro cpo for it to give it that original look.

Next goal is to pick up a big red, (4 or 6 slot) and a sega astro city!