Neo stick not recognizing a direction, how to fix?

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
So I have two sticks with my AES. One works fine, but the other sometimes won't register when I push up on the stick, or will only kinda-register it. Like jumps won't work in fighting games, and in Magician Lord he'll start to climb a ladder but then not go past the first rung.

Basically, what should I do to fix this? Since these are expensive sticks I don't want to attempt a repair and end up destroying them even further (an experience I had once already with something else), at least not without advice from people who are smarter than me.

Thanks in advance.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Open her up and take pics, sounds like either a loose wire or something not registering correctly at the controller connection

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Neo sticks are literally just some microswitches and cables. They have no fancy circuits or anything. I'd try first replacing or repairing the microswitch. Remember that the microswitch for UP is the one in the down position of the stick. If that does not help, check that the cable is not broken and that the connection at the DB-15 port (end of the cable) is fine and making good contact.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's either a bad wire/bad cable, bad microswitch or bad solder joint.