Candy Cab monitor help

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I recently picked up a candy cab, its a neo 29 I think. The monitor works but it has spots of bad / off color, primarily on in the lower right corner and upper left corner but it does extend from there (check out the attached pics). Id really like to fix it or get it fixed. Im curious if anyone knows what exactly is wrong and is it easy or a pain to fix. Also anyone know who repairs monitors in the general WNY / CNY area? Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• DSCN0302.JPG
    DSCN0302.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • DSCN0305.JPG
    DSCN0305.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I recently picked up a candy cab, its a neo 29 I think. The monitor works but it has spots of bad / off color, primarily on in the lower right corner and upper left corner but it does extend from there (check out the attached pics). Id really like to fix it or get it fixed. Im curious if anyone knows what exactly is wrong and is it easy or a pain to fix. Also anyone know who repairs monitors in the general WNY / CNY area? Thanks for any input!

Looks like it may just need to be degaussed.

Check near the test / service buttons in your control panel for a degauss button.

If for some reason the degaussing circuit has failed you could get a cheap degaussing wand to use with it.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Looks like it may just need to be degaussed.

Check near the test / service buttons in your control panel for a degauss button.

If for some reason the degaussing circuit has failed you could get a cheap degaussing wand to use with it.

This is the correct answer. Looks like the monitor was at some point rotated from TATE (vertical) to YOKO (horizontal). This colour change is common when this happens and a simple degauss will fix it right up.

Let's see some more pics of your Neo 29! Very nice candy cabinet to own!

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
No shit, thanks guys, looks top notch now! Thats awesome :) Id be embarrassed that I didnt know what to do there but Im too happy thats all that it needed heh

Sure I'll grab some pics soon

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
DSCN0309.JPG
Its not perfect but its my one and only. Right now its in the garage but I will eventually move it upstairs into the game room. Id also like to address a not 100% button A on player 1. Speaking of, How do I access the controller panel?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
If it is like any other cabinet there should be a lock or two underneath the control panel. Button A not working 100% is probably just a bad microswitch which is easy to replace, or maybe your ground quick disconnect/wire for mvs A button might be frayed/not on tight.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Heck of a cab! Glad the monitor fix was something easy.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
Awesome cab! What board are you running in it? Looks like you're in the garage. I'd try to move it away from the door just in case some water seeps in. Ask me how I know....

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Thanks guys :) Right now it has a 4 slot in it. Yep it is in my garage just for now, it will be moving upstairs soon.

Im going to show my newbness here but isnt it possible to buy an adaptor so I can run a jamma board in it? I have a final fight board Id like to see if it works or not.

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Neo Candy 29 (your cab) is standard jamma harness, (I have one sitting in the other room). You can hook up any jamma game, right up, no adapters needed. The only time you'd need an adapter is if the harness was mvs stereo...which the Neo Candy 29 is not.

Your cab looks great, and is definitely one to hold on to. I have a STV multi in mine currently!
I thought I'd ask, as NYC candy prices can go high....do you mind revealing what you paid for it?