Thread: Candy Cab monitor help

Crazed MVS Addict

Candy Cab monitor help

I recently picked up a candy cab, its a neo 29 I think. The monitor works but it has spots of bad / off color, primarily on in the lower right corner and upper left corner but it does extend from there (check out the attached pics). Id really like to fix it or get it fixed. Im curious if anyone knows what exactly is wrong and is it easy or a pain to fix. Also anyone know who repairs monitors in the general WNY / CNY area? Thanks for any input!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dominance9; 06-11-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    Currently listening to:
    My Tinnitus

Choi's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by Dominance9 View Post
    I recently picked up a candy cab, its a neo 29 I think. The monitor works but it has spots of bad / off color, primarily on in the lower right corner and upper left corner but it does extend from there (check out the attached pics). Id really like to fix it or get it fixed. Im curious if anyone knows what exactly is wrong and is it easy or a pain to fix. Also anyone know who repairs monitors in the general WNY / CNY area? Thanks for any input!
    Looks like it may just need to be degaussed.

Check near the test / service buttons in your control panel for a degauss button.

If for some reason the degaussing circuit has failed you could get a cheap degaussing wand to use with it.

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Looks like it may just need to be degaussed.

Check near the test / service buttons in your control panel for a degauss button.

If for some reason the degaussing circuit has failed you could get a cheap degaussing wand to use with it.
    This is the correct answer. Looks like the monitor was at some point rotated from TATE (vertical) to YOKO (horizontal). This colour change is common when this happens and a simple degauss will fix it right up.

Let's see some more pics of your Neo 29! Very nice candy cabinet to own!

Friend Code: SW-7571-0934-8991

Crazed MVS Addict

No shit, thanks guys, looks top notch now! Thats awesome Id be embarrassed that I didnt know what to do there but Im too happy thats all that it needed heh

Sure I'll grab some pics soon
    Currently listening to:
    My Tinnitus

Crazed MVS Addict

DSCN0309.JPG
    Its not perfect but its my one and only. Right now its in the garage but I will eventually move it upstairs into the game room. Id also like to address a not 100% button A on player 1. Speaking of, How do I access the controller panel?
    Currently listening to:
    My Tinnitus

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

If it is like any other cabinet there should be a lock or two underneath the control panel. Button A not working 100% is probably just a bad microswitch which is easy to replace, or maybe your ground quick disconnect/wire for mvs A button might be frayed/not on tight.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

Angel's Love Slave

Congrats on the cab it looks great!

Choi's Barber

Heck of a cab! Glad the monitor fix was something easy.

Crossed Swords Squire

Awesome cab! What board are you running in it? Looks like you're in the garage. I'd try to move it away from the door just in case some water seeps in. Ask me how I know....
    Just when they think they have all the answers I go and change all the questions." -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Crazed MVS Addict

Thanks guys Right now it has a 4 slot in it. Yep it is in my garage just for now, it will be moving upstairs soon.

Im going to show my newbness here but isnt it possible to buy an adaptor so I can run a jamma board in it? I have a final fight board Id like to see if it works or not.
    Currently listening to:
    My Tinnitus

Stupid Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominance9 View Post
    Thanks guys Right now it has a 4 slot in it. Yep it is in my garage just for now, it will be moving upstairs soon.

Im going to show my newbness here but isnt it possible to buy an adaptor so I can run a jamma board in it? I have a final fight board Id like to see if it works or not.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/store.html

Cheng's Errand Boy

Neo Candy 29 (your cab) is standard jamma harness, (I have one sitting in the other room). You can hook up any jamma game, right up, no adapters needed. The only time you'd need an adapter is if the harness was mvs stereo...which the Neo Candy 29 is not.

Your cab looks great, and is definitely one to hold on to. I have a STV multi in mine currently!
    I thought I'd ask, as NYC candy prices can go high....do you mind revealing what you paid for it?

Thread Information