I found out there's a new Contra game

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
If I hadn't played the slug games before hard corps I would have been disappointed

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The Slugs need Contra for reference alone. Contra needs Commando, though. Only Fujiwara needs nobody, well, maybe except a couple of hogs ;).

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
NES Contra is really in league all of its own. There's really no other game made that can match what it does. Its speed, technical difficulty, and near flawless controls really haven't been matched. I'm still surprised that such an early NES game hit the nail on the head so perfectly.

Metal Slug is superior in very way...except for the white knuckle gameplay. MS's attention to environmental detail, it's sense of humor, it's music...all flawless. When it comes to playing the game though, it's very different from the original Contra.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
smokehouse and Kiel

IMG_20170616_091532_HDR_1497581474946.jpg

IMG_20170616_094936_HDR_1497581491045_1497582005726.jpg

IMG_20170616_101553_HDR_1497581504491_1497582021530.jpg

Private messages don't allow image uploads. They're on the way!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
NES Contra is really in league all of its own. There's really no other game made that can match what it does. Its speed, technical difficulty, and near flawless controls really haven't been matched. I'm still surprised that such an early NES game hit the nail on the head so perfectly.

So you never played Super C?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Oh my god I hope they don't drill those packages that's gonna fuck up those chips!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So you never played Super C?

Super C NES? It was different, somehow. I'll say that I love the game to this day, but it just wasn't as good as the original overall. It may be that I think the overhead segments retarded the overall game, and they did in Contra III as well (another game that I love). They weren't bad enough to kill the games, but they just didn't flow. Funny enough, I liked the fortresses in the original. They were a nice break from the side scrolling action. I will say I wish the NES version would have been more like the arcade though...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well it looks like smokes got his and Kiel got his a few days ago, finally! I'm bumping this because Kiel's PM box is full and I can't message him again, but it turns out my mom just activated her Paypal account at 10:50PM Eastern, so if you tried to send her the money before it most likely didn't go through. Please look through your Paypal history and make sure everything is OK and that you didn't lose any money from doing that. My mom is not smart and told me she set up her Paypal back in August, but as I just found out that is not the case. Sorry about the trouble.

Also I want to publicly thank you two for being interested in buying the Pringles, as this gave me a chance to give my mom enough money to treat her to a dinner without being there in person, so thanks again.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
MS5 > NES Contra
ArnoldWRONG.gif

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Martha got paid yo

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I liked the Chinese only arcade remake of contra. Do you still see that in arcades over there Lonesage?
e7bc53ef9aa6e6daa07308a2820bee64.jpg

You can find these on Alibaba/Aliexpress, but they aren't cheap. From what I've seen its one of those boards that does controls over jamma but video is VGA/DVI only. Not cheap either, maybe LS can chime in if they are still in rotation in the Chinese arcades.

Edit: here is a pic of what the board looks like:

http://timeharvest.net/contra-jamma...chineamusement-game-arcade-cabinet-p-138.html

Last edited: