Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Thread: Ninja Gaiden II for NeoGeo

  1. #101
    Dodgeball Yakuza
    snes_collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Virginia

    Posts
    793
    Yeah I am all for perversing any unreleased game even if it is unfinished. I enjoy seeing what studios worked on and learning why it did not become a finished product. Plus when it is gone to time or bit rot, there is no getting it back

  2. #102
    Street Hoop Star
    Decepticreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ

    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlee80 View Post
    I'm not convinced by the Patreon. I'd be up for sparing some of my money for something concrete. Also Patreon is more of a creator's channel with regular content delivered. He should really get a 100% certified promise of obtaining just one rare unreleased title and then build a crowdfund around that along with his evidence. Not just create a "Send me money and I'll do it I promise!" venture. Enough people have been scammed in this community before.
    I'm always weary of anything crowdfunded. I just laughed at the bs that was Mighty No. 9.

  3. #103

    Yoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    My Island

    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Yeah I am all for perversing any unreleased game even if it is unfinished.
    Freudian.

  4. #104
    Morden's Lackey
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    353
    Necro bump here. Apparently, since Ninja Gaiden II NG was cancelled, the female protagonist, Ran was used in development for the next Tecmo versus fighter arcade project, Touki Denshou ~ Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes also received a PS1 release with some changes. Who knows how much Ninja Gaiden II NG ended up in Angel Eyes, but it's interesting that assets may have been reused in a new game. There's also a Ninja Gaiden II NG connection to Dead of Alive too. See the article below.

    http://sudden-desu.net/entry/touki-denshou
    Osaka, Japan location tests attended:

    Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Spirits Zero, ]Samurai Spirits Zero Special, Sengoku Densyo 2001, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Toukon -Matrimelee-, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, The King of Fighters 2001, The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters 2003, and The King of Fighters XI.

  5. #105
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    Necro bump here. Apparently, since Ninja Gaiden II NG was cancelled, the female protagonist, Ran was used in development for the next Tecmo versus fighter arcade project, Touki Denshou ~ Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes also received a PS1 release with some changes. Who knows how much Ninja Gaiden II NG ended up in Angel Eyes, but it's interesting that assets may have been reused in a new game. There's also a Ninja Gaiden II NG connection to Dead of Alive too. See the article below.

    http://sudden-desu.net/entry/touki-denshou
    Kronos! This is awesome! I was always curious what the real connections were between Angel Eyes and Dead or Alive. I tried comparing staff rolls years ago but wasnít really able to learn much about any concrete connections to Itagakiís project and the development of Angel Eyes. The Ran NGII character assets being utilized is interesting as well! Thank you for sharing this info!

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  6. #106
    KOF Referee
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,613
    Fascinating! Thank you, KRONOS.
    I want the one I can't have and it's driving me mad

  7. #107
    Morden's Lackey
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Kronos! This is awesome! I was always curious what the real connections were between Angel Eyes and Dead or Alive. I tried comparing staff rolls years ago but wasnít really able to learn much about any concrete connections to Itagakiís project and the development of Angel Eyes. The Ran NGII character assets being utilized is interesting as well! Thank you for sharing this info!
    No problem BlackaneseNiNjA That blogger has some great articles on their page. I'm always fascinated in 2D game development in Japan back in the '90's. Especially, the ones that get teased and then disappear, like PC Genjin RPG.
    Osaka, Japan location tests attended:

    Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Spirits Zero, ]Samurai Spirits Zero Special, Sengoku Densyo 2001, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Toukon -Matrimelee-, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, The King of Fighters 2001, The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters 2003, and The King of Fighters XI.

  8. #108
    Morden's Lackey
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Fascinating! Thank you, KRONOS.
    My pleasure
    Osaka, Japan location tests attended:

    Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Spirits Zero, ]Samurai Spirits Zero Special, Sengoku Densyo 2001, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Toukon -Matrimelee-, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, The King of Fighters 2001, The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters 2003, and The King of Fighters XI.

  9. #109
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA ۞

    Posts
    10,893
    Thanks for sharing. Really interesting articles for sure, so glad some still put the work in and do these old school breakdowns
    Igs waz here


    Perfection

  10. #110
    Kula's Candy
    Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your trash can

    Posts
    293
    Thanks for sharing this! Hope we can actually find assets for this one day.
    Alright, back again with THE IMMORTAL JOHN HANCOCK

  11. #111
    Legalize Ranch roker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit

    Posts
    14,796
    I just got done playing some rounds of Touki Denshou Angel Eyes and it's a pretty decent fighter. Usually I get bored of all female fighters (not because they're female, but because they feel gimmicky), but this game is actually fun. The gameplay in some ways reminds me of WW7.

  12. #112
    Morden's Lackey
    KRONOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY

    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by roker View Post
    I just got done playing some rounds of Touki Denshou Angel Eyes and it's a pretty decent fighter. Usually I get bored of all female fighters (not because they're female, but because they feel gimmicky), but this game is actually fun. The gameplay in some ways reminds me of WW7.
    Angel Eyes doesn't look bad.. I just prefer a male/female roster. WW7 is pretty sweet, a bit overlooked too. Sunsoft was actually working on a sequel to WW7 featuring Galaxy Fight characters. Too bad it didn't happen.
    Osaka, Japan location tests attended:

    Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Spirits Zero, ]Samurai Spirits Zero Special, Sengoku Densyo 2001, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Toukon -Matrimelee-, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, The King of Fighters 2001, The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters 2003, and The King of Fighters XI.

  13. #113
    Crossed Swords Squire

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    202
    You know the game sucks cock if they didn't finish/release it.

    Really, just looking at the images you can tell it's going to play like shit.


  14. #114

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,298
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    You know the game sucks cock if they didn't finish/release it.

    Really, just looking at the images you can tell it's going to play like shit.
    You suck cock. Thanks for bumping this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •