Ninja Gaiden II for NeoGeo

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Does this have a theoretical NGH number?

Edit: v Thanks Turf! v

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Does this have a theoretical NGH number?

What I learned from talking with the DarkSeed producer Kengo Asai, is that the NGH number would be assigned when the their Development Department submitted the game to SNK. DarkSeed was in such early development that SNK never assigned it a NGH number. So, its possible Ninja Gaiden may never have received one.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hot. Really really hope more info will surface... a proto would be awesome, out of this world even if it was for the Neo.

unkle

n00b
Ok, a nice proof with NeoGeo relationship was already under the nose - from hc101:

"Reportedly, there was a Ninja Gaiden II for the arcades in development, on nothing less than Neo Geo hardware, and went as far as having location tests in July 1994, but it soon disappeared, barely leaving any traces at all. An old online profile of composer Takuya Hanaoka listed 6 BGM tracks for the Neo Geo Ninja Gaiden 2 among his portfolio."

http://web.archive.org/web/20011121013545/http://www.parkcity.ne.jp/~cliche/html/ca_hana.htm

18952528_10158892436910323_8615829700236229579_n.jpg

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Ok, a nice proof with NeoGeo relationship was already under the nose - from hc101:

"Reportedly, there was a Ninja Gaiden II for the arcades in development, on nothing less than Neo Geo hardware, and went as far as having location tests in July 1994, but it soon disappeared, barely leaving any traces at all.

Oh God dammit. If it went as far as having location tests, it means that at least at one point it must've been completed, or at least partially so. So frustrating we were SO CLOSE to getting it. GAH!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I love the unreleased Mega Drive / Genesis Ninja Gaiden. It's a great game & really should have been released. It's almost complete, like 90%, it has a few glitches & impassable areas, but you can get around them with a pause / warp (level select) trick left in by the programmer to eventually see the whole game.

I think Tecmo would have done well releasing it as a neo sequel. Just like Data East with Magical Drop & Video System with Aero Fighters. Selling cartridge kits is far easier & less expensive then selling full Jamma board kits. Especially during that mid 1990's era where kits were $1,800 - $2,200 each.

And yes, doubtful it had an NGM number assigned, and even if it did, it was most likely just reissued to another release anyhow.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm curious as to why it got canned if it got close enough to completion for location tests. Maybe the quality wasn't up to snuff?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I'm curious as to why it got canned if it got close enough to completion for location tests. Maybe the quality wasn't up to snuff?

Sup Fygee! Apparently the cited reason was unbalanced difficulty which caused the game to be poorly received during the location tests. Damn shame :(

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Wow. After many years of waiting finally some pics of this game.. Looks much better than I expected. I figured part of the reason for it being killed was it had amateur graphics like Ninja Gaiden for the MD or Warlocks of the Fates. Real shame so much work went into this game for it to never come out.. should have gone straight to the Neo-Geo CD as a home exclusive.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is so frustrating! If the enemies dealt too much damage, isn't that easy to fix? There must have been more to the story. Maybe they mean the enemies were too aggressive, requiring further reprogramming of the AI.

davidjv

n00b
How does me giving you money get me Ninja Gaiden 2? I'm not seeing the connection.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...inja-Ryukenden-Gaiden-2&p=3588281#post3588281

Iniciado por Shou
Así que tuve bebidas con alguien que trabajaba en Tecmo vuelta en el día, después de mucho alcohol, se reveló que echaron un montón de material clásico durante un corte de energía Un día, incluyendo un cinturón de Argos no Senshi utilizado para promociones!

Sin embargo, me hizo llegar que el juego de Neo Geo está respaldado, pero sólo se puede acceder por PC98s. Desde que tengo un PC98, he pedido ver si puedo recuperar el código ....

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
This looks indeed fantastic! I hope we'll get to play it one day...and yes, the Mega Drive iteration is quite good as well.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Sup Fygee! Apparently the cited reason was unbalanced difficulty which caused the game to be poorly received during the location tests. Damn shame :(

Which is hilarious when you think of overall SNK difficulty being, at times, obscene (hello Art of Fighting 2), and also games like KOF '95 and Samurai Shodown where huge damage was considered "balanced".

I'm no programmer or game developer, but one would have thought they could have fairly easily pared the difficulty down and/or fixed the damage numbers before releasing it.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Ahh I get it. Thought that was your Patreon, my bad.

I still don't get it. How was $500 the difference in the game getting released the first time he announced it? Where on that page is his track record for releasing any games?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Do we have a "bat signal" to call Shoutime and get his comments on this twitter post and maybe an update on getting Ninja Gaiden II NG dumped?

My concern is if this game isn't dumped/copied sooner rather than later, it can be lost forever from a variety of reasons. If there was a specific Patreon/Kickstarter project that guaranteed a dump of this game, I'd donate. Just sayin'.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll kick in $100 if there's proof something's going to be done with the money. Worth it to get the game released, but not to just piss our cash away.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Do we have a "bat signal" to call Shoutime and get his comments on this twitter post and maybe an update on getting Ninja Gaiden II NG dumped?

My concern is if this game isn't dumped/copied sooner rather than later, it can be lost forever from a variety of reasons. If there was a specific Patreon/Kickstarter project that guaranteed a dump of this game, I'd donate. Just sayin'.

Dont worry, i remind him all the time about it. Lol

He says someday it will be dumped.

Shou knows what hes doing, he will get it when the time is right.

Last edited: