Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Gaiden II for NeoGeo

Does this have a theoretical NGH number?

Edit: v Thanks Turf! v
    Last edited by ForeverSublime; 06-09-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    I have to question your modus operandi, as you make statements about personal edification but choose to serve others in rather menial jobs. What would be to stop you from building the education to work a market to your advantage and provide your family with some kind of security? You're a pretty well read man. Don't tell me that you would rather work for small change and read spy novels than live the lives you read about. There's a time to move from fantasy into real life.
    Motivation.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSublime View Post
    Does this have a theoretical NGH number?
    What I learned from talking with the DarkSeed producer Kengo Asai, is that the NGH number would be assigned when the their Development Department submitted the game to SNK. DarkSeed was in such early development that SNK never assigned it a NGH number. So, its possible Ninja Gaiden may never have received one.

Baxter McMuggle

If this was indeed ever a neo geo game to begin with.
    Igs waz here

"That's Phat"
    Fred Durst, VMAs 2000

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Hot. Really really hope more info will surface... a proto would be awesome, out of this world even if it was for the Neo.

Bashful Neophyte

Ok, a nice proof with NeoGeo relationship was already under the nose - from hc101:

"Reportedly, there was a Ninja Gaiden II for the arcades in development, on nothing less than Neo Geo hardware, and went as far as having location tests in July 1994, but it soon disappeared, barely leaving any traces at all. An old online profile of composer Takuya Hanaoka listed 6 BGM tracks for the Neo Geo Ninja Gaiden 2 among his portfolio."

http://web.archive.org/web/200111210...ml/ca_hana.htm

18952528_10158892436910323_8615829700236229579_n.jpg

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by DevilRedeemed View Post
    If this was indeed ever a neo geo game to begin with.
    True, rather a lost opportunity.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by unkle View Post
    Ok, a nice proof with NeoGeo relationship was already under the nose - from hc101:

"Reportedly, there was a Ninja Gaiden II for the arcades in development, on nothing less than Neo Geo hardware, and went as far as having location tests in July 1994, but it soon disappeared, barely leaving any traces at all.
    Oh God dammit. If it went as far as having location tests, it means that at least at one point it must've been completed, or at least partially so. So frustrating we were SO CLOSE to getting it. GAH!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.

I love the unreleased Mega Drive / Genesis Ninja Gaiden. It's a great game & really should have been released. It's almost complete, like 90%, it has a few glitches & impassable areas, but you can get around them with a pause / warp (level select) trick left in by the programmer to eventually see the whole game.

I think Tecmo would have done well releasing it as a neo sequel. Just like Data East with Magical Drop & Video System with Aero Fighters. Selling cartridge kits is far easier & less expensive then selling full Jamma board kits. Especially during that mid 1990's era where kits were $1,800 - $2,200 each.

And yes, doubtful it had an NGM number assigned, and even if it did, it was most likely just reissued to another release anyhow.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Dodgeball Yakuza

Dear god this would have been amazing.
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

I'm curious as to why it got canned if it got close enough to completion for location tests. Maybe the quality wasn't up to snuff?

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    I'm curious as to why it got canned if it got close enough to completion for location tests. Maybe the quality wasn't up to snuff?
    Sup Fygee! Apparently the cited reason was unbalanced difficulty which caused the game to be poorly received during the location tests. Damn shame

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Kula's Candy

Wow. After many years of waiting finally some pics of this game.. Looks much better than I expected. I figured part of the reason for it being killed was it had amateur graphics like Ninja Gaiden for the MD or Warlocks of the Fates. Real shame so much work went into this game for it to never come out.. should have gone straight to the Neo-Geo CD as a home exclusive.

This is so frustrating! If the enemies dealt too much damage, isn't that easy to fix? There must have been more to the story. Maybe they mean the enemies were too aggressive, requiring further reprogramming of the AI.

Bashful Neophyte

Support Shou Time for ninja gaiden II:

https://www.patreon.com/ShouTime
    http://shoutime.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by davidjv; 06-09-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Super Spy Agent

Quote Originally Posted by davidjv View Post
    Support Shou Time for ninja gaiden II:

https://www.patreon.com/ShouTime
    http://shoutime.tumblr.com/
    How does me giving you money get me Ninja Gaiden 2? I'm not seeing the connection.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    How does me giving you money get me Ninja Gaiden 2? I'm not seeing the connection.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...81#post3588281

Iniciado por Shou
    Así que tuve bebidas con alguien que trabajaba en Tecmo vuelta en el día, después de mucho alcohol, se reveló que echaron un montón de material clásico durante un corte de energía Un día, incluyendo un cinturón de Argos no Senshi utilizado para promociones!

Sin embargo, me hizo llegar que el juego de Neo Geo está respaldado, pero sólo se puede acceder por PC98s. Desde que tengo un PC98, he pedido ver si puedo recuperar el código ....

Geese's Thug

This looks indeed fantastic! I hope we'll get to play it one day...and yes, the Mega Drive iteration is quite good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Sup Fygee! Apparently the cited reason was unbalanced difficulty which caused the game to be poorly received during the location tests. Damn shame
    Which is hilarious when you think of overall SNK difficulty being, at times, obscene (hello Art of Fighting 2), and also games like KOF '95 and Samurai Shodown where huge damage was considered "balanced".

I'm no programmer or game developer, but one would have thought they could have fairly easily pared the difficulty down and/or fixed the damage numbers before releasing it.

Super Spy Agent

Ahh I get it. Thought that was your Patreon, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    Ahh I get it. Thought that was your Patreon, my bad.
    I still don't get it. How was $500 the difference in the game getting released the first time he announced it? Where on that page is his track record for releasing any games?
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    I have to question your modus operandi, as you make statements about personal edification but choose to serve others in rather menial jobs. What would be to stop you from building the education to work a market to your advantage and provide your family with some kind of security? You're a pretty well read man. Don't tell me that you would rather work for small change and read spy novels than live the lives you read about. There's a time to move from fantasy into real life.
    Motivation.

Kula's Candy

Do we have a "bat signal" to call Shoutime and get his comments on this twitter post and maybe an update on getting Ninja Gaiden II NG dumped?

My concern is if this game isn't dumped/copied sooner rather than later, it can be lost forever from a variety of reasons. If there was a specific Patreon/Kickstarter project that guaranteed a dump of this game, I'd donate. Just sayin'.

I'll kick in $100 if there's proof something's going to be done with the money. Worth it to get the game released, but not to just piss our cash away.

Kula's Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I'll kick in $100 if there's proof something's going to be done with the money. Worth it to get the game released, but not to just piss our cash away.
    Word.

Mature's Make-Up Artist

Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    Do we have a "bat signal" to call Shoutime and get his comments on this twitter post and maybe an update on getting Ninja Gaiden II NG dumped?

My concern is if this game isn't dumped/copied sooner rather than later, it can be lost forever from a variety of reasons. If there was a specific Patreon/Kickstarter project that guaranteed a dump of this game, I'd donate. Just sayin'.
    Dont worry, i remind him all the time about it. Lol

He says someday it will be dumped.

Shou knows what hes doing, he will get it when the time is right.
    Last edited by Niko; 06-09-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    +1
    Count me in.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Thread Information