Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ninja Gaiden II for NeoGeo

Dodgeball Yakuza

Yeah I am all for perversing any unreleased game even if it is unfinished. I enjoy seeing what studios worked on and learning why it did not become a finished product. Plus when it is gone to time or bit rot, there is no getting it back

Street Hoop Star

Quote Originally Posted by tomlee80 View Post
    I'm not convinced by the Patreon. I'd be up for sparing some of my money for something concrete. Also Patreon is more of a creator's channel with regular content delivered. He should really get a 100% certified promise of obtaining just one rare unreleased title and then build a crowdfund around that along with his evidence. Not just create a "Send me money and I'll do it I promise!" venture. Enough people have been scammed in this community before.
    I'm always weary of anything crowdfunded. I just laughed at the bs that was Mighty No. 9.

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Yeah I am all for perversing any unreleased game even if it is unfinished.
    Freudian.

Morden's Lackey

Necro bump here. Apparently, since Ninja Gaiden II NG was cancelled, the female protagonist, Ran was used in development for the next Tecmo versus fighter arcade project, Touki Denshou ~ Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes also received a PS1 release with some changes. Who knows how much Ninja Gaiden II NG ended up in Angel Eyes, but it's interesting that assets may have been reused in a new game. There's also a Ninja Gaiden II NG connection to Dead of Alive too. See the article below.

http://sudden-desu.net/entry/touki-denshou
    Osaka, Japan location tests attended:

Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Spirits Zero, ]Samurai Spirits Zero Special, Sengoku Densyo 2001, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Toukon -Matrimelee-, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, The King of Fighters 2001, The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters 2003, and The King of Fighters XI.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    Necro bump here. Apparently, since Ninja Gaiden II NG was cancelled, the female protagonist, Ran was used in development for the next Tecmo versus fighter arcade project, Touki Denshou ~ Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes also received a PS1 release with some changes. Who knows how much Ninja Gaiden II NG ended up in Angel Eyes, but it's interesting that assets may have been reused in a new game. There's also a Ninja Gaiden II NG connection to Dead of Alive too. See the article below.

http://sudden-desu.net/entry/touki-denshou
    Kronos! This is awesome! I was always curious what the real connections were between Angel Eyes and Dead or Alive. I tried comparing staff rolls years ago but wasnít really able to learn much about any concrete connections to Itagakiís project and the development of Angel Eyes. The Ran NGII character assets being utilized is interesting as well! Thank you for sharing this info!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

KOF Referee

Fascinating! Thank you, KRONOS.
    I want the one I can't have and it's driving me mad

Morden's Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Kronos! This is awesome! I was always curious what the real connections were between Angel Eyes and Dead or Alive. I tried comparing staff rolls years ago but wasnít really able to learn much about any concrete connections to Itagakiís project and the development of Angel Eyes. The Ran NGII character assets being utilized is interesting as well! Thank you for sharing this info!
    No problem BlackaneseNiNjA That blogger has some great articles on their page. I'm always fascinated in 2D game development in Japan back in the '90's. Especially, the ones that get teased and then disappear, like PC Genjin RPG.

Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Spirits Zero, ]Samurai Spirits Zero Special, Sengoku Densyo 2001, Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku: Toukon -Matrimelee-, SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos, The King of Fighters 2001, The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters 2003, and The King of Fighters XI.

Morden's Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Fascinating! Thank you, KRONOS.
    My pleasure

Baxter McMuggle

Thanks for sharing. Really interesting articles for sure, so glad some still put the work in and do these old school breakdowns
    Igs waz here

Perfection

Kula's Candy

Thanks for sharing this! Hope we can actually find assets for this one day.
    Alright, back again with THE IMMORTAL JOHN HANCOCK

I just got done playing some rounds of Touki Denshou Angel Eyes and it's a pretty decent fighter. Usually I get bored of all female fighters (not because they're female, but because they feel gimmicky), but this game is actually fun. The gameplay in some ways reminds me of WW7.

Morden's Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by roker View Post
    I just got done playing some rounds of Touki Denshou Angel Eyes and it's a pretty decent fighter. Usually I get bored of all female fighters (not because they're female, but because they feel gimmicky), but this game is actually fun. The gameplay in some ways reminds me of WW7.
    Angel Eyes doesn't look bad.. I just prefer a male/female roster. WW7 is pretty sweet, a bit overlooked too. Sunsoft was actually working on a sequel to WW7 featuring Galaxy Fight characters. Too bad it didn't happen.

Mr. Big's Thug

You know the game sucks cock if they didn't finish/release it.

Really, just looking at the images you can tell it's going to play like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    You know the game sucks cock if they didn't finish/release it.

Really, just looking at the images you can tell it's going to play like shit.
    You suck cock. Thanks for bumping this.

Mega Shock!!

Well if the first arcade Ninja Gaiden is any indication then yeah it would be a bit crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    You suck cock. Thanks for bumping this.
    Not thread related but I might as well ask, did you give up on the NGH reviews?
    Last edited by Burning Fight!!; 11-12-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRONOS View Post
    Sunsoft was actually working on a sequel to WW7 featuring Galaxy Fight characters. Too bad it didn't happen.
    They did.

Wasnít Sunsoftís Astra Super Stars for the Sega Titan the sequel/successor to Waku Waku Seven? (no more or less then Waku was the sequel/successor to Galaxy Fight of course)
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    Not thread related but I might as well ask, did you give up on the NGH reviews?
    The King of the Monsters video is in the editing stage and the Sengoku video is mostly captured and written. I'm hoping to get some major progress done this weekend while my wife's at work. I was about to post an update to our Twitter.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

The King of the Monsters video is in the editing stage and the Sengoku video is mostly captured and written. I'm hoping to get some major progress done this weekend while my wife's at work. I was about to post an update to our Twitter.
    Glad to hear that more is on the way. I know you’re busy and that your brothers couldn’t continue with the project, but I’m happy that at least 2 more are in the chamber.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Stakes Winner 2

Awesome!! I've always found your videos very informative, keep up the good work and looking forward to these upcoming videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Glad to hear that more is on the way. I know you’re busy and that your brothers couldn’t continue with the project, but I’m happy that at least 2 more are in the chamber.
    Credit where credit is due, my brother made the recent video currently in my sig. I asked him to do more retrogaming content, but this is all he has time for right now.

Kula's Diamond
    Was once known as Aaron D. Oh... You didn't know me then either?

Just wanted to chime in and say that I love all the vids you've done so far. Looking forward to the next ones.
    State of Yo

Mega Shock!!

Aight thanks for the update, I really love those reviews, and in fact sometimes I see myself watching the older ones again for a refresher. There's nothing Neo related on youtube that can compare. I'll be looking forward to the new videos... I know very well myself how sometimes life takes over and you have to let your hobbies go to the back seat so I understand the delays between videos.

Thread Information