Ninja Gaiden II for NeoGeo

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah I am all for perversing any unreleased game even if it is unfinished. I enjoy seeing what studios worked on and learning why it did not become a finished product. Plus when it is gone to time or bit rot, there is no getting it back

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I'm not convinced by the Patreon. I'd be up for sparing some of my money for something concrete. Also Patreon is more of a creator's channel with regular content delivered. He should really get a 100% certified promise of obtaining just one rare unreleased title and then build a crowdfund around that along with his evidence. Not just create a "Send me money and I'll do it I promise!" venture. Enough people have been scammed in this community before.

I'm always weary of anything crowdfunded. I just laughed at the bs that was Mighty No. 9.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Necro bump here. Apparently, since Ninja Gaiden II NG was cancelled, the female protagonist, Ran was used in development for the next Tecmo versus fighter arcade project, Touki Denshou ~ Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes also received a PS1 release with some changes. Who knows how much Ninja Gaiden II NG ended up in Angel Eyes, but it's interesting that assets may have been reused in a new game. There's also a Ninja Gaiden II NG connection to Dead of Alive too. See the article below.

http://sudden-desu.net/entry/touki-denshou

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Necro bump here. Apparently, since Ninja Gaiden II NG was cancelled, the female protagonist, Ran was used in development for the next Tecmo versus fighter arcade project, Touki Denshou ~ Angel Eyes. Angel Eyes also received a PS1 release with some changes. Who knows how much Ninja Gaiden II NG ended up in Angel Eyes, but it's interesting that assets may have been reused in a new game. There's also a Ninja Gaiden II NG connection to Dead of Alive too. See the article below.

http://sudden-desu.net/entry/touki-denshou

Kronos! This is awesome! I was always curious what the real connections were between Angel Eyes and Dead or Alive. I tried comparing staff rolls years ago but wasn’t really able to learn much about any concrete connections to Itagaki’s project and the development of Angel Eyes. The Ran NGII character assets being utilized is interesting as well! Thank you for sharing this info!

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Kronos! This is awesome! I was always curious what the real connections were between Angel Eyes and Dead or Alive. I tried comparing staff rolls years ago but wasn’t really able to learn much about any concrete connections to Itagaki’s project and the development of Angel Eyes. The Ran NGII character assets being utilized is interesting as well! Thank you for sharing this info!

No problem BlackaneseNiNjA:) That blogger has some great articles on their page. I'm always fascinated in 2D game development in Japan back in the '90's. Especially, the ones that get teased and then disappear, like PC Genjin RPG.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Thanks for sharing. Really interesting articles for sure, so glad some still put the work in and do these old school breakdowns

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Thanks for sharing this! Hope we can actually find assets for this one day.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I just got done playing some rounds of Touki Denshou Angel Eyes and it's a pretty decent fighter. Usually I get bored of all female fighters (not because they're female, but because they feel gimmicky), but this game is actually fun. The gameplay in some ways reminds me of WW7.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just got done playing some rounds of Touki Denshou Angel Eyes and it's a pretty decent fighter. Usually I get bored of all female fighters (not because they're female, but because they feel gimmicky), but this game is actually fun. The gameplay in some ways reminds me of WW7.

Angel Eyes doesn't look bad.. I just prefer a male/female roster. WW7 is pretty sweet, a bit overlooked too. Sunsoft was actually working on a sequel to WW7 featuring Galaxy Fight characters. Too bad it didn't happen.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
You know the game sucks cock if they didn't finish/release it.

Really, just looking at the images you can tell it's going to play like shit.

DByyqFSVoAAAf5E.jpg:large

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Well if the first arcade Ninja Gaiden is any indication then yeah it would be a bit crap.

You suck cock. Thanks for bumping this.

Not thread related but I might as well ask, did you give up on the NGH reviews?

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Sunsoft was actually working on a sequel to WW7 featuring Galaxy Fight characters. Too bad it didn't happen.

They did.

Wasn’t Sunsoft’s Astra Super Stars for the Sega Titan the sequel/successor to Waku Waku Seven? (no more or less then Waku was the sequel/successor to Galaxy Fight of course)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Not thread related but I might as well ask, did you give up on the NGH reviews?
The King of the Monsters video is in the editing stage and the Sengoku video is mostly captured and written. I'm hoping to get some major progress done this weekend while my wife's at work. I was about to post an update to our Twitter.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The King of the Monsters video is in the editing stage and the Sengoku video is mostly captured and written. I'm hoping to get some major progress done this weekend while my wife's at work. I was about to post an update to our Twitter.

Glad to hear that more is on the way. I know you’re busy and that your brothers couldn’t continue with the project, but I’m happy that at least 2 more are in the chamber. :buttrock:

capnd77

Marked Wolf

Awesome!! I've always found your videos very informative, keep up the good work and looking forward to these upcoming videos.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Glad to hear that more is on the way. I know you’re busy and that your brothers couldn’t continue with the project, but I’m happy that at least 2 more are in the chamber. :buttrock:
Credit where credit is due, my brother made the recent video currently in my sig. I asked him to do more retrogaming content, but this is all he has time for right now.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member

Just wanted to chime in and say that I love all the vids you've done so far. Looking forward to the next ones.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

Aight thanks for the update, I really love those reviews, and in fact sometimes I see myself watching the older ones again for a refresher. There's nothing Neo related on youtube that can compare. I'll be looking forward to the new videos... I know very well myself how sometimes life takes over and you have to let your hobbies go to the back seat so I understand the delays between videos.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
They did.

Wasn’t Sunsoft’s Astra Super Stars for the Sega Titan the sequel/successor to Waku Waku Seven? (no more or less then Waku was the sequel/successor to Galaxy Fight of course)

ASS may be the true sequel to WW7, but it looks like Sunsoft was working a sequel using several characters from GF and WW7. Please see link below. I did post about this here a while back, but I cannot seem to copy a direct URL.

https://videogamesdensetsu.tumblr.com/post/167621952240/shin-waku-waku-7-%E6%96%B0%E3%82%8F%E3%81%8F%E3%82%8F%E3%81%8F%EF%BC%97working-title-part-1