Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's in the pipe but I'm not sure when I'll finish it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I like your videos you get down to the details, bit of history as well which is really cool but you actually critique the games not just blowing smoke up every games ass just because it's the 'legendary' neo geo. Do more!

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Also tell your brother we need more Falcom and PC-88 goodness.
I do tell him that. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way of making the channel what we envisioned, particularly for one of us.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I like your videos you get down to the details, bit of history as well which is really cool but you actually critique the games not just blowing smoke up every games ass just because it's the 'legendary' neo geo. Do more!

Seriously, it's one of the better channels on YouTube. I blasted through all their videos in no time. It's too bad a quality channel like this doesn't get much attention from the masses :-/

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I think we'd probably be closer to 5K subscribers if we'd adhered to our original plan, which would have included more mainstream Sega and Nintendo content. The Nintendo videos I made have consistently outperformed the Neo Geo reviews. They ought to complement each other -- more mainstream content to draw new viewers in, and a consistent series with dedicated fans..

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Just want to say that I think they're pretty badass, and I've subscribed and was incredibly excited when the KB review came out---but I was actually expecting the next NGH! Hahaha, but the KB video was awesome.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I think we'd probably be closer to 5K subscribers if we'd adhered to our original plan, which would have included more mainstream Sega and Nintendo content. The Nintendo videos I made have consistently outperformed the Neo Geo reviews. They ought to complement each other -- more mainstream content to draw new viewers in, and a consistent series with dedicated fans..

You're making some really great content, I follow you for the Neo Geo coverage but you're probably right about having a larger subscriber base if you had more varied content. I'd love to see you make content related to the other 16 bit consoles, shit there is tons of really great indie retro inspired titles for modern consoles that would be excellent as well. Either way keep up the good work, i look forward to your next video. Best of luck

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
King of the Monsters is up. Sorry if it wasn't worth the wait.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Really enjoyed it, and had no idea they had released console versions of King of the Monsters! Aside from the terrible colors from the awful Mega Drive video chip palette capabilities that one is a pretty impressive port, and I might say it gives off the impression of being arcade perfect (or at least plays the part, since we're excluding samples, sfx, the lack of the ending and two characters, and the color issue I mentioned, that is)

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Awesome as always Neo Alec! Thank you for all the time and hard work that you put into these!

Props for the Tarkun Astro Guy theme shout out. That theme always sounded like a lost track from Fatal Fury 1.

Looking forward to Sengoku!

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Really enjoyed it, and had no idea they had released console versions of King of the Monsters! Aside from the terrible colors from the awful Mega Drive video chip palette capabilities that one is a pretty impressive port, and I might say it gives off the impression of being arcade perfect (or at least plays the part, since we're excluding samples, sfx, the lack of the ending and two characters, and the color issue I mentioned, that is)
Yes, but no co-op mode, so count me out.

Also Takara didn't seem to fare much better at all with the SNES color palette. That one is just a poor port.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
It was quite a wait between reviews but this one was top notch as always Alec. Keep 'em coming!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nice review. Now get back to work! ;)

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
The main structure of the Burning Fight script is written. I was poking away at the Sengoku script yesterday, and most of the footage is already made.

Can anyone with a Sengoku 1 manual tell me what the two main characters are named in the English or Japanese manual, if anything? Wikipedia has conflicting data on this.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Great review honestly. Was looking forward to it and wasn't disappointed. I very much enjoy the genesis portsnof kotm especially the 2nd one. Looking forward to the next vid!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Sengoku is up...

Another great video! I never knew about the ports but the Fami version part was brilliant!!
That terrible box art reminds me of another game but cant think what at the moment, but it looks like a rehash of another game.

Look forward to you covering Burning Fight :)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Sengoku sucks. Gonna have to say Mutation Nation is way better, and that game is pretty average.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Sengoku is up...

Awesome job! Watched half of it so far, will check out the other half later. Thanks for doing these reviews, important for preservation. Especially the lesser known games.