Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There used to be a segment where I mentioned The Power of Love, and then it actually plays the Huey Lewis song while showing stabbing footage. The joke was already in the script, but my brother suggested adding the song. It was kind of funny rampaging to that, but a little on the nose, I thought. Anyway I cut the song because I already used two 80's songs, and I felt that it didn't really fall under fair use. I use enough movie and TV clips as is.

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Love the reviews! Keep them coming as a lot off the Neo content on you tube is out dated. Always good to hear new reviews to keep the Neo Geo fresh.

Leback

Stakes Winner
I really enjoy your reviews, keep up the good work! Waiting for the Fatal fury review!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Not a lot to chew on in this one but I'm glad we're getting to the beat 'em ups next.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Not a lot to chew on in this one but I'm glad we're getting to the beat 'em ups next.
Yeah. Agreement. My original instinct was to make a video about all kinds of unreleased Neo games rather than focusing on these three unknown catalog numbers. But I didn't have a NeoSD, and didn't want to field all the comments like, "You idiot. No way Dragon's Heaven had such a low NGH number!" from viewers who didn't watch the whole video.

I decided to keep it focused and concise, but as a consequence, it's a big nothingburger. Hopefully people at least learned a little SNK history.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Still a good episode, well worth a watch. Looking forward to King of the Monsters :buttrock:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I have to give credit to Billy Pitt. Without him, I wouldn't have had much to talk about.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Yeah not much in the video but still a good one for sure. The magazine article about a graphic adventure made me think that if it's not Mahjong Kyoretsuden that perhaps it's a precursor to one of those Quiz Neo & Geo games. Maybe one of those slots was a Quiz style game?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yeah. Again, I have to thank Billy for mining these tantalizing morsels of info over the years. If there really was some unknown early text adventure game, then I'm really curious what it was.

I'm looking forward to making a Mutation Nation video.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Thanks for putting up another episode! And for pointing me again to the great Prehistoric Isle/Genshitou soundtrack ;)

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Cool series! Have been following for awhile and stoked for you to get to the later releases eventually :)

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Cool series! Have been following for awhile and stoked for you to get to the later releases eventually :)
I've heard that a lot, but haven't you already heard enough about Fatal Fury, Neo Turfmasters, KOF, SS and Metal Slug? Aren't the less-talked-about earlier releases more interesting?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I've heard that a lot, but haven't you already heard enough about Fatal Fury, Neo Turfmasters, KOF, SS and Metal Slug? Aren't the less-talked-about earlier releases more interesting?

I think people are hoping to learn something new about the games they enjoy the most.

I've talked about and played the SamSho series a million times, but I still get excited when I learn something new about one of the games or its history.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I understand. Most of the stuff I watch on Youtube is guilty pleasures anyway. At any rate, they will be well-researched.

I most look forward to talking about some of the later unreleased and oddball releases.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Good review. Mutation Nation is the best beat 'em up on the system in my book.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
No King of the Monsters yet, but it's a new game at least:

This video is not part of the main series. I'm still reviewing all the games in order.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
the way that kraut sits on the tank's cannon is highly suggestive.

Leback

Stakes Winner
Cool, going to watch the review today. Is the King of the monster review in the pipe?