Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Macab0ne

n00b
Just watched all of these tonight. I enjoyed them very much and can't wait for the next! Keep up the awesome work.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Is my old brain fading or does the CD version have an intro that isn't on the cart? I always like seeing the cart/CD differences in these videos.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I bit the bullet and ordered the MVS NeoSD from Stoneagegamer just for the upcoming video after The Super Spy. Unfortunately it's currently out of stock, so I'm not sure how long it will take or if it will delay the next two videos.

I want to get a NeoSD to keep some day; perhaps the AES version, but for now I'm going to have to sell it on the forums whenever I get done with it. I'm saving money and now just isn't the time for this major purchase.

Is my old brain fading or does the CD version have an intro that isn't on the cart? I always like seeing the cart/CD differences in these videos.
I don't think so. What does the intro you're thinking of look like.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I don't think so. What does the intro you're thinking of look like.
I just sold my cart so I can't compare now, but I thought there was a CD into not on the cart. I even found an old post of mine when I discovered it. Maybe it happens on MVS attract mode and I just never sat for it to come around? It's also in a Wiki Cyber Lip article...not that that holds a lot of water.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Nice Cyber-Lip review. This was one of the Neo games I played most in arcades when I was a kid. Loved it back then, still enjoy it today.

Interestingly there were more voice samples in the game originally. Not sure why they cut out a few and toned down the voice use. But the proto I have of it most certainly is far more talkative than the release version is.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I just sold my cart so I can't compare now, but I thought there was a CD into not on the cart. I even found an old post of mine when I discovered it. Maybe it happens on MVS attract mode and I just never sat for it to come around? It's also in a Wiki Cyber Lip article...not that that holds a lot of water.

I can help you compare when the cart gets here

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Decided it's time I jump ahead and review a real game for once:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Very funny stuff. Loved the ending :) I can't wait for the full review! Perfect timing to jump ahead. Your videos have gotten better each time. Seems like you are hitting your stride.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Very funny stuff. Loved the ending :) I can't wait for the full review! Perfect timing to jump ahead. Your videos have gotten better each time. Seems like you are hitting your stride.
Thanks. For the record, I'm not actually making a Neo Turf Masters review at this time. The video is just an April Fool's joke. The beginning of the video includes the tongue-in-cheek statement that the full review is coming in 2035. I don't want to ruin my gimmick of reviewing the games in order.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Thanks. For the record, I'm not actually making a Neo Turf Masters review at this time. The video is just an April Fool's joke. The beginning of the video includes the tongue-in-cheek statement that the full review is coming in 2035. I don't want to ruin my gimmick of reviewing the games in order.

The nectar of that sweet Neo Turf Masters bait was way too delicious to not take. I figured the 2035 comment was the April Fool's joke and we would get it next. I know you said you'd stay in order since the beginning, but I wouldn't have been mad :) I'm okay with waiting as long as you do more PC-88 Paradise in the near future :-J

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Mr. Jakes has the next PC-88 Paradise planned. I just don't know when he's finally going to make it. All the vids in 2018 so far have all been mine.

If I keep up the same rate of about 10 games a year, I should get to Neo Turfmasters in about 8 years. So 2035 was a conservative estimate. I have no idea right now if I'll speed up or slow down.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Then you should like this one. I am worried though that I'm throwing in so many cutaway random comments that some viewers may get lost. I already got a weird comment on the video.

I think this was the right treatment for this game. A serious review would have been really boring, and I believe people watch Youtube most of all to be entertained. There will be time for a more serious review in a different future installment.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
God this game sucked so hard.
I'm surprised you actually stuck with it for two hours. Kudos, and fun video. Less interesting than your other reviews but that's the game's fault, not yours.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It's not that bad. You kinda get into a rhythm of stabbing folks.

I still don't know what the commenter meant anout the crab wanting rum. Rum isn't anywhere in the game or the video from what I remember.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I like how the next three unreleased games are going to be in one video, should make the video progression go by faster.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I like how the next three unreleased games are going to be in one video, should make the video progression go by faster.

Really had no choice on that. It has always been my plan. I don't want to leave a gap, but there's little to talk about with those, since little is known.

This will be the only time I have to do it. The rest of the NGH/NGM catalog is accounted for.

123►Genei-Jin

Overtop Pathfinder
Just subbed to your channel and watched a bunch of your older videos. Not sure how I missed this for so long. Great stuff!

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Probably because my vids aren't coming up in Youtube searches.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Really had no choice on that. It has always been my plan. I don't want to leave a gap, but there's little to talk about with those, since little is known.

This will be the only time I have to do it. The rest of the NGH/NGM catalog is accounted for.

Isn't Ngh 158 not accounted for?

capnd77

Marked Wolf
I really enjoyed the Super Spy Vid and look forward to all of your Neo stuff, keep up the great work brother!