Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Thanks a lot for watching, commenting and subbing. I'm hoping things pick up a bit when we get to 1,000 subs.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Have you posted this on NGFL? Maybe those nerds would be interested.

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Nice ASO II review @Neo Alec, with a lot of information and also well explained.
Keep it up with the good work.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
In case you use Twitter, you can follow the channel @basemntbrothers

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
This is great! I wish this was released weekly, out of selfishness, of course. Then again, it's a statement to how much I like your series. The best thing about it so far: You've managed to get me excited about Top Player's Golf. I've had the MVS cartridge for ages. It was among the first games I've ever bought for my Neo. Unfortunately, I never gave it any play, precisely because of the things you mention in your video. Now, however, I feel I've been missing out, because the game does seem fun once you get into it. I just never gave it a chance. Thanks for that, and keep up the good work!

famicommander

15 Year Member
I logged into my old Gamefaqs account, which I haven't touched in over a decade, to post a topic about this series. There aren't many people talking about the Neo over there but it can't hurt.

kikaso

n00b
Subbed. Thanks for the reviews. As a newish Neo Geo fan I appreciate the thorough reviews.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I logged into my old Gamefaqs account, which I haven't touched in over a decade, to post a topic about this series. There aren't many people talking about the Neo over there but it can't hurt.

lol, oh fanny.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I really appreciate that.

Have you posted this on NGFL? Maybe those nerds would be interested.
Yes, but the site appears to be dead unfortunately.

They've basically migrated to their Facebook Groups.

I started with the Riding Hero review and it got me to dust off my MVS copy. The controls weren't actually as bad as I remembered (I mean, they were bad, but in my memory it was beyond unplayable). The lack of consistency in opponent speed that you referenced was far more frustrating. Still haven't retried the story mode - I actually forgot it was there at all. I think the length of time you played it in your video actually topped the amount of time I spent in that mode previously when I first got the game.

I'm definitely in for the series.

Have you posted about this over on KLOV? They'd probably be pretty receptive to a new YouTube series.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
They've basically migrated to their Facebook Groups.

I started with the Riding Hero review and it got me to dust off my MVS copy. The controls weren't actually as bad as I remembered (I mean, they were bad, but in my memory it was beyond unplayable). The lack of consistency in opponent speed that you referenced was far more frustrating. Still haven't retried the story mode - I actually forgot it was there at all. I think the length of time you played it in your video actually topped the amount of time I spent in that mode previously when I first got the game.

I'm definitely in for the series.

Have you posted about this over on KLOV? They'd probably be pretty receptive to a new YouTube series.
Thanks. Been thinking about hitting up the Facebook group.

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I was getting a kick out of your Magician Lord video. Keep it up!

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Nice - well informed and honest looks at the games. Humour and presentation efforts are there, but not over the top. Some personal experiences from either back in the day and/or since discovered impressions. Good stuff. Over time I reckon you'll get much more attention for these as you build up a bit of a library.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I really appreciate the nice feedback I've been getting here. Just wanted to finally post an update: I'm sorry it's taking so long for the next video to come out. I'm actually working on the two next videos at the same time. It's summer time, and getting the free time to polish these has been a bit of a difficult proposition. I promise they are coming soon.

In the mean time, you don't necessarily have to watch this, but if you'd hit the like button on this video it would help our channel out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8eLJNfrpo4

Thank you!

famicommander

15 Year Member
I really appreciate the nice feedback I've been getting here. Just wanted to finally post an update: I'm sorry it's taking so long for the next video to come out. I'm actually working on the two next videos at the same time. It's summer time, and getting the free time to polish these has been a bit of a difficult proposition. I promise they are coming soon.

1386834637021.jpg

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Awesome video! Lots of juicy stuff in it. Really enjoyed it. :)

grafik__

n00b
Great series, enjoying them all! Appreciate your design for the thumbnails as well. Looking forward to the next one.