Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Riding Hero is up.

Please leave comments on Youtube.

Last edited:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Keep up the great work brother! I've seen the Nam, Mag Lord, and Baseball Stars videos so far and they've all been excellent. Looking forward to watching this one.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I apologize to those who may be wondering where the next video is in a week or two. I spent the holiday weekend working on this video instead. I'm working on the Alpha Mission II video now.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
This needed to happen and you're the perfect guy for the job. Can't wait for more. Great job!

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
Just wanted to drop in and send my appreciation for these awesome, in depth reviews.

I'm a huge fan of Magician Lord and your review is absolutely spot on, nothing more or nothing less was needed.

Keep up the good work!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Extremely well done, Alec!

I watched all of your reviews back to back today. Enjoyed how you covered the Neo Geo CD versions towards the end of each. It was also interesting to see how your opinions have evolved on some of these games over time. Cheers for your newfound appreciation of the FM synth. ;)

Looking forward to your next episode.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Thanks guys! Really appreciate all the praise here. I've sacrificed most of my weekends for these, so if you can think of new places to spread the word and support this project, that would be really appreciated. I know there is a larger audience for these than what we've gotten so far. Social media is not my strong suit.

When I was recording the story dialogue for the Riding Hero vid, my wife was like, "Ummm.. whaaat are you doing?" But then she watched the video and was like, "OHH, okay. I get it now."

About the FM sound, I've been playing ASOII lately, and the cheerful menu music gets in your head. Love the mood of this game. However, back around '93-94 when I probably would have had a chance to first play it, I don't think I would have been impressed by the FM music. I was much more into the presentation of, say, Axelay on SNES, with its graphics, music and voices. Of course, newer shooters on the Neo have fancier presentation and more sound samples.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
You're doing well, almost sold me on Riding Hero to at least try it out, then the humor and atrocities on video began and that was the end of that. But as it's a thing, once a train wreck starts it's hard to stop watching.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Have you shared your videos on neogaf? There's a big nintendo switch/neo geo mega thread for all the hamster releases. Lots of neo geo newcomers and vets alike who might be interested in seeing these videos.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
neogaf is a good suggestion; thanks. I should start posting there. I have no intention of just spamming for views.

Thank you if you can help spread the word.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
When I was recording the story dialogue for the Riding Hero vid, my wife was like, "Ummm.. whaaat are you doing?" But then she watched the video and was like, "OHH, okay. I get it now."

I like to think that you were spot on for what they would have recorded back then.

Thank you if you can help spread the word.

I'll give you a shout out in their Neo Geo thread. :)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
You could spam various Gamefaqs boards. I'm pretty sure that site still exists.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I really appreciate it, Gyrian!

I'm still waiting for my user to get activated over there, and I'm looking forward to posting.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I really appreciate it, Gyrian!

I'm still waiting for my user to get activated over there, and I'm looking forward to posting.

No thanks needed, you've been doing a fantastic job that is absolutely worth sharing. Have some patience with NeoGAF. They tend to approve accounts in batches, so this is likely to take a while.

acampero

Quiz Detective
These videos are great Neo Alec. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to watching every one you make.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Alpha Mission II / ASO II: Last Guardian is up.

Please leave comments.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Another great review, Alec. I've never been a big fan of ASO II, but watching this made me want to give it another try.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Very cool review! I would have liked more info on the armor system, a brief detailed explanation like the section you did for the NES/arcade prequel.

These reviews are so good you have sparked my interest again in Magician Lord...and now I think ASOII is gonna be next. Always loved how the game looks but never quite understood the armor system.

Another in depth and slick review Neo Alec. I'm really enjoying these so far. I like the structure and how AES / MVS / and CD versions get covered in one review.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
These reviews are so good you have sparked my interest again in Magician Lord...and now I think ASOII is gonna be next. Always loved how the game looks but never quite understood the armor system.
My series may not be that great, but I've turned EG around, which is nothing short of a miracle. I deserve an award for that!

Last edited:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Good job again. Earned a sub. Can't wait till you hit some of the later releases.