Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
kitkit, that's interestint that Mahjong Kyoretsuden made you want a Neo Geo. I'll bet there are few here who can say that.

Magician Lord is not that hard once you've given it the time and patience to learn the levels and play through a couple times. Of course I'm talking about the home version.

Yea, I didn't even know the MVS and Aes versions were different till I saw your review. I guess you learn something new everyday. It was a long review but it's nice that you broke down MVS and Aes and added the NeoCd version as well.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Good stuff, I never realized TPG had more differences than just the arranged ST. Then again I haven't put much time into anything other than the cart.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
cool beans, not many good reviews for neo games on youtube especially games like top players golf...ill be following avidly :buttrock:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
hey man watched the Magician Lord review, game which i really like.
Enjoyed your review a lot, there were bits of information about the game that i didn't know. Looking forward for other reviews.
Subscribed!

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
The detail in your reviews are excellent. I've learned something new with each video so far. Keep it up! Subscribed!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I really enjoyed watching these videos. Keep up the good work!

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I've been watching these as you put them out and think they've all been great. Very informative, especially the most recent 25+ minute Magician Lord one.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Great reviews mate... look forward to watching some more when you upload them. :)

Was going to do something similar and post on NeoGeoSoft but never found the time to commit to it...

glazball

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I mentioned on AA but I'll repeat it here: great job on your in-depth videos and I'm eager to see more. I'm still unfamiliar with some of the later or more obscure Neo games and your reviews will be great for small tymers like me.

Also, you need to change the title of this thread. "Do or do not, there is no try." No -trying- to review them all, do it! Keep up the great work.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This was a pleseant surprise, I was expecting the usual run of the mill dumb youtube review and was ready to troll with prejudice but this was actually great, I wish all reviews were like this, great detail and simple presentation. Humor...it's a give and take, but hey that's minor, everything else is really good! Great work!

Would be nice to get some top player footage, just to make the gameplay look awesome, like the demonstration on NTM, classy shots everytime, it just looks great! Not saying the whole presentation has to be this way but just saying a bit of pro run excerpts would be nice to watch.

Just in case you didn't know. Times New Roman is the actual font used for the Neo Geo logo, would be a good font to use for your splash page with the game title, I love the gray red stripe US theme, mind as well add them fonts and make it look even more legit. Don't have to obviously, your work is great and the quality speaks for itself but just a little thing that could add and it's easy to do.

I like it that you're keeping the order, makes it more fun and it's an impartial system, I also like the unbias feel to the commentary, I mean there's nostalgia but also honesty which is great.

I have to say it real quick. Congrats for not doing the tried and lame formula of a wall of games and the camera on you yapping away about how great the Neo is and retro feels for everyone. Keep up the good work.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Holy shit, something that EG actually likes.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Thanks. I thought I was playing well on Top Player's Golf. Will consider the font. It's really hard to come up with decent jokes for these.

Would love to have the wall of games to at least pull the carts down from some day, but for now everything is packed in boxes for storage.

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Just got caught up on them today. Never knew the tidbits about Magician Lord. Can't wait till the next video! Also going through some of your other videos in the meantime till the next NG review! :D

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm really enjoying these too, and learning some stuff I didn't know about the games.

I personally wouldn't worry too much about the humor. Everyone doing these kind of videos tries to be funny, but your reviews are actually well researched and full of information, so I don't think humor is important.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I found myself wanting to play the games you reviewed immediately after watching them, and wanting to incorporate the strategies and facts you mentioned. I'm excited for the next few.

Are you releasing new videos in batches or one by one?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
One by one. They take a lot of work to make. The reason the last few look grouped together is 1.) The Magician Lord one was already completed ahead of time. It was actually the first I wrote and second I finished. And 2.) I did a final push to post up the first five before E3. I took a day off from work to finish hammering out the Mahjong Kyoretsuden review.

glazball

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Once you have dozens of these under your belt, you should consider putting them in volumes onto DVD or BD, like Chris Bucci/spida1a has done for his TurboViews. Get the discs professionally made, print up some nice artwork and I suspect quite a few of us here would buy the set.

ML may be an outlier in that it was almost 30 min long. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute (as it's always been one of my fav Neo games) but it may be difficult to spend that kind of time on every game moving forward. I'd hate to see you get burned out too soon.

Also, I like the humor - keep it in :) Some of the low-end turds are going to need it!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Is there an ETA on the next one? Or a rough estimate of how frequently we'll see these come out?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
The length of the Magician Lord video was definitely the exception and not the rule. I doubt most people have the patience for 30 minutes devoted to a single game unless it's really good.

I don't want to make any promises on the timing because this is a long-term project that I'm working on in my spare time. However the next video is in progress and should be finished soon. I was focused on E3 last week, and we posted a podcast to the channel instead.

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Just watched the ML video and have to say I was very impressed. I didn't budget 30 minutes to watch it, but found myself entertained throughout so much that I watched it in one sitting. I enjoyed the humor personally and didn't find that it felt forced. Looking forward to more episodes!

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Seriously this community is amazing! Great work brother, now I have something to watch whenever I have 30 mins to kill. Keep up the good work, looking forward to more vids!

Awesome lol I stumbled across one of your videos, and it made me remember and revisit this site. Baseball Stars 2 for the win.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
This looks like a alot of fun to do. I want to start a series on my Game room and Arcade stuff soon as well as mods. Actually working on a saturn bios mod video. Anyways good stuff keep it going :D