Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    Sengoku sucks. Gonna have to say Mutation Nation is way better, and that game is pretty average.

You have a point. Other than Magician Lord, I'm not exactly covering the best of the Neo yet.

Mr. Big's Thug

Great will watch later. The ambience of Sengoku is great but yeah, it is flawed gameplay wise. Love it though, one of the first Neo games I played.

Hardened Shock Trooper

I remember seeing this somewhere but can't find it again so take it with a grain of salt, but IIRC Sengoku was mainly planned and executed by devs from Viccom who were at the time receiving training from SNK in Osaka in order to go back to Korea and develop Neo games themselves, bringing in the expertise (they developed Fight Fever but I'm not positive if they did any other neo games though).

Great video. Can't wait for Burning Fight

Bashful Neophyte

Another great video, I always look forward to them. A pizza place down the road from where I grew up had an MVS with Sengoku in it. So many quarters put in that thing.

The part where you flipped the screen when talking about Tate Norio made me chuckle. Haha

Avid Neo-Expert

Sweet review man, your videos are one of the the very few things I get excited to watch on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    I remember seeing this somewhere but can't find it again so take it with a grain of salt, but IIRC Sengoku was mainly planned and executed by devs from Viccom who were at the time receiving training from SNK in Osaka in order to go back to Korea and develop Neo games themselves, bringing in the expertise (they developed Fight Fever but I'm not positive if they did any other neo games though).

Great video. Can't wait for Burning Fight
    That doeen't seem right, but if so I guess they took all that 1991 expertise and never advanced beyond 1991.

Viccom also developed NGH-099 The Eye of Typhoon for Neo Geo, but only the 3DO and PC ports were released. I'm still keeping hope that the Neo Geo rom will be found, but unfortunately the head of the company, Kim Kaphwan passed away not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Macab0ne View Post
    The part where you flipped the screen when talking about Tate Norio made me chuckle. Haha
    Glad someone liked it. That joke and the Mario Paint one were both additions from my brother, Sturat, after I was finished editing.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 01-29-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    Sengoku sucks. Gonna have to say Mutation Nation is way better, and that game is pretty average.
    Agreed but Sengoku 2 rules them all! Nothing beats it on Neo Geo.

Great video Neo Alec - just been watching. Your voice reminds me of a more upbeat version of the Classic Game Room guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    Unless that is some kind of secret history where they were like interns who didn't get credit on the game, I just crosschecked the credits for Sengoku on mobygames and none of them worked on Fight Fever. Most of them never worked on anything past the 90s but one of the guys in audio was still in the industry as far as 2018.

Here's the Burning Fight video:

https://basementbrothers.net/

-餓狼伝説弟子-

All riiight!

We were rewatching the Super Spy episode just the other day lol Glad to see a new one posted! Thanks Neo Alec

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

That's awesome to hear! Glad to hear they're worth re-watching. People seem to comment they thought the series was dead almost every time I post a new video.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 04-07-2020 at 12:52 PM.

MAX POWA SURGE!

Just finished watching the newest episode. Thanks again for an awesome video. Really loved the in depth talk about the prototype version as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

Mr. Big's Thug

Yeah I never knew there was a prototype of this, great review.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Another great review, please keep 'em coming. Neo Alec your videos are an oasis in a desert of completely unwatchable or otherwise annoying YT shit.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Damn Google... I don't trust them but I know they already own me. So last night I said "screw it" and reactivated my old Google account just so I could sign into YT to "like and subscribe" to your channel/videos! Also a few others that I've always thought were better than most, like Chris Bucci's Turbo Views (hope he's still making videos), Classic Gaming Quarterly and a few others. Hope it helps and keep up the great work

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by glazball View Post
    Damn Google... I don't trust them but I know they already own me. So last night I said "screw it" and reactivated my old Google account just so I could sign into YT to "like and subscribe" to your channel/videos!
    Wild man, just fucking wild.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Great video as always Alec.

The thing about Burning Fight that always stuck out to me was the terrible animation of the main characters. Their main attack cycles when hammering punch just look stupid and amateurish to me, possibly among the worst of any Neo Geo game. You'd think that would be the one thing they should have got right seeing as it will be repeated so often.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Unless that is some kind of secret history where they were like interns who didn't get credit on the game, I just crosschecked the credits for Sengoku on mobygames and none of them worked on Fight Fever. Most of them never worked on anything past the 90s but one of the guys in audio was still in the industry as far as 2018.
    It's a possibility but I guess I mixed stuff up. It's a fact that they did send devs to SNK to train, though.

Great review on Burning Fight as always, Neo Alec. Really appreciated the prototype section of the video as I had no idea that was a thing (I feel like I posted on NeoTurfMasta's thread on it though... maybe I forgot lol).
    Burning Fight is one of the games that I used to think were made just as filler for the MVS marketing dept. and order lists, and later the AES, but looking at the pre-Neo library SNK produced it "fits". Kinda funny to look at it vs. a late Neo-Geo game.
    Your signature cannot be longer than 100 characters including BB code markup.

KoF Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Here's the Burning Fight video:

Another fine review keep it up good sir.I can't wait for you're review of league bowling.It's one of favorites on early neo-geo releases,even today.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
    Wii U:Progearspec

Rugal's Panther

I respect everything you are trying to do. I like your reviews for the most part. I may be the minority here but... stop trying to be funny. It makes the reviews have an element of cringe factor. So many youtubers think they have to inject AVGN/MaximllionFAG shit into their videos.

Keep going man, just a bit of my own bs opinion.

I will shit watch your videos anyways.
    Last edited by 2D_Master; 04-11-2020 at 12:03 AM.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2D_Master View Post
    I may be the minority here but... stop trying to be funny.
    Nah you're not, it's just that most won't say anything. I agree anyway...

-餓狼伝説弟子-

We genuinely laugh, but that’s because a lot of what he’s poking fun at is true and fair regarding certain aspects of the gameplay, translation work, etc. The Riding Hero video was spot on for example lol

Without his unique personality, it might as well just be a spoken wiki/hardcore gaming 101 article imho.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Nah you're not, it's just that most won't say anything. I agree anyway...
    Lucky for you nobody says anything LOLZ

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon1 View Post
    Lucky for you nobody says anything LOLZ
    Don't be shy.

League Bowling is up:

That lady is tall.

Thread Information