Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Seems I've missed this thread for the last 3 years or so, but I watched a few videos and subscribed. Good work!

Welcome back!

9gto3i9dz3vy.png

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Ghost Pilots is up

Just got done watching it, and I totally agree with your review of it. Again you got some laughs out of me and kept me entertained, so it’s another video well done! Thanks for keeping the series going Neo Alec.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Didn't realize it was the same guy who did the music for Fatal Fury. Now I cant stop hearing the similarities

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
I’m liking the fact lockdown seems to have allowed you to pick up the pace.

Some of the early games are proper dross, but you’ve ploughed through.

Loving the series Alec.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I’m liking the fact lockdown seems to have allowed you to pick up the pace.

Some of the early games are proper dross, but you’ve ploughed through.

Loving the series Alec.
It's not lockdown. I'm as busy as ever with work at home. Thanks, glad you enjoy it.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
For some reason I really found myself rewatching episodes a lot on the past few weeks. I must have heard "Masahiko Hataya, who goes by the nickname Papaya" a hundred times now.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
That means you were watching The Super Spy, Mutation Nation and Ghost Pilots. We've got some serious Papaya work coming up soon in the Last Resort installment.

I was close to having the next video out this Tuesday, but it will most likely be the following week. I've had it written and recorded forever, just can't get the editing across the finish line. I've been busy restoring my new MVS cab. There will be a video about the cab eventually. Additionally, I've got Blue's Journey partly written.

Missile

Another Striker
Just about to watch the Ghost Pilots episode now.

The Ghost Pilots logo really reminds me of F-Zero on the SNES.

FAe89lK.jpg

Which came first?

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
That means you were watching The Super Spy, Mutation Nation and Ghost Pilots. We've got some serious Papaya work coming up soon in the Last Resort installment.

I was close to having the next video out this Tuesday, but it will most likely be the following week. I've had it written and recorded forever, just can't get the editing across the finish line. I've been busy restoring my new MVS cab. There will be a video about the cab eventually. Additionally, I've got Blue's Journey partly written.

I’ve watched most of your Neo Geo reviews. Ive enjoyed them very much, keep up the good work!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Im excited to check this out on my drive home, your videos are great in terms of being able to be not only watched but listened to as well.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Im excited to check this out on my drive home, your videos are great in terms of being able to be not only watched but listened to as well.
If you don't look at the screen, I had a version of this you could've listened to a month ago. The video editing is a beast.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Thanks for being a superfan!

I also reccomend having it on in the background while doing dishes or something for a second viewing.

I'm hoping to make shorter videos for the next few games, so I can get them out faster. The Fatal Fury one should be a good length though.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What is the most difficult part you find in making these videos? Keep up the great work btw, they really are well-done.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
What is the most difficult part you find in making these videos? Keep up the great work btw, they really are well-done.
Writing. That forms the basis for the video, and sometimes I get writer's block. It helps to have a thesis, but I have a basic format I can fall back to to get things going.

Also, lately the editing sucks. I find it really tedious, and by the time I'm done I usually hate the video I'm working on.

You also have to make the video first priority for a few weekends. As I mentioned above, I was restoring an MVS cab, so I worked on that a lot instead of this video.

The process is: Research, capture, write, record, audio editing, video editing. A lot of the writing process happens before and throughout.

Our Youtube channel has a peer review process. My two brothers aren't currently making any videos, but they still find mistakes and help with the writing. Sturat had a large hand in the writing process of the last videos, which helped make the videos longer. You can blame him any time I start talking about other games like Tetris Battle Gaiden or something. It really adds to the amount of footage I have to gather.

I notice some other popular youtubers cover multiple games by just recording a few minutes of comments and showing random footage while talking. If I were doing this, I could have the video done in a couple of days, but people would notice a difference.

Last edited: