Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    Sengoku sucks. Gonna have to say Mutation Nation is way better, and that game is pretty average.

You have a point. Other than Magician Lord, I'm not exactly covering the best of the Neo yet.

NEST Puppet

Great will watch later. The ambience of Sengoku is great but yeah, it is flawed gameplay wise. Love it though, one of the first Neo games I played.

Mr. Big's Thug

I remember seeing this somewhere but can't find it again so take it with a grain of salt, but IIRC Sengoku was mainly planned and executed by devs from Viccom who were at the time receiving training from SNK in Osaka in order to go back to Korea and develop Neo games themselves, bringing in the expertise (they developed Fight Fever but I'm not positive if they did any other neo games though).

Great video. Can't wait for Burning Fight

Bashful Neophyte

Another great video, I always look forward to them. A pizza place down the road from where I grew up had an MVS with Sengoku in it. So many quarters put in that thing.

The part where you flipped the screen when talking about Tate Norio made me chuckle. Haha

Avid Neo-Expert

Sweet review man, your videos are one of the the very few things I get excited to watch on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    I remember seeing this somewhere but can't find it again so take it with a grain of salt, but IIRC Sengoku was mainly planned and executed by devs from Viccom who were at the time receiving training from SNK in Osaka in order to go back to Korea and develop Neo games themselves, bringing in the expertise (they developed Fight Fever but I'm not positive if they did any other neo games though).

Great video. Can't wait for Burning Fight
    That doeen't seem right, but if so I guess they took all that 1991 expertise and never advanced beyond 1991.

Viccom also developed NGH-099 The Eye of Typhoon for Neo Geo, but only the 3DO and PC ports were released. I'm still keeping hope that the Neo Geo rom will be found, but unfortunately the head of the company, Kim Kaphwan passed away not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Macab0ne View Post
    The part where you flipped the screen when talking about Tate Norio made me chuckle. Haha
    Glad someone liked it. That joke and the Mario Paint one were both additions from my brother, Sturat, after I was finished editing.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 01-29-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
    Sengoku sucks. Gonna have to say Mutation Nation is way better, and that game is pretty average.
    Agreed but Sengoku 2 rules them all! Nothing beats it on Neo Geo.

Great video Neo Alec - just been watching. Your voice reminds me of a more upbeat version of the Classic Game Room guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    Unless that is some kind of secret history where they were like interns who didn't get credit on the game, I just crosschecked the credits for Sengoku on mobygames and none of them worked on Fight Fever. Most of them never worked on anything past the 90s but one of the guys in audio was still in the industry as far as 2018.

Thread Information