Mega Man Legacy 2 Announced. (AKA Capcom Super Troll)

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Soooooooo Mega Man Legacy 2 was announced....Lets break this down. It includes MM7,8,9, and 10. Which means you get two garbage games and two good games. Now lets compare that to MML1. In MML you get MM1,2,3,4,5,6. So you get a few great games, a couple good games and a broken but still fun game. It blows my mind Capcom is going to release a collection with only 4 games and 2 of them are the worst in the series. Probably for the same price point as the original MML. WTF Capcom. You could have at least thrown in Rock man & Forte for Pete's sake.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like the Saturn version of 8. Knowing Capcom it's the PS1 version though.

Regardless, I'll be glad to get a physical copy of 9 and 10. I have all the other action-platformers in the series already.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The least they could've done was throw in Rockman & Forte or Rockman Battle & Chase.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
About what I expected tbh. If we ever get a Battle Network compilation, I'll be a happy man and consider myself lucky.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Honestly with all the MM compilations I am amazed it's 2017 and they've never done a Mega Man Game Boy compilation. I remember it was 2005 and there were rumors of it hapening but ultimately nothing came of it.

Were they as good as the NES games? Hell No.

But they're good portable games.

edit: Ren PM me a link of that drawing you did of me in 2015, I'm compiling all my caricatures and wouldlike to include yours, thanks friend. Or post here, both are OK

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I've never understood why people like Mega Man.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Honestly with all the MM compilations I am amazed it's 2017 and they've never done a Mega Man Game Boy compilation. I remember it was 2005 and there were rumors of it hapening but ultimately nothing came of it.

edit: Ren PM me a link of that drawing you did of me in 2015, I'm compiling all my caricatures and wouldlike to include yours, thanks friend. Or post here, both are OK

Yeah, at one point they were going to have all the GB games released on the GBA as a Megaman Anniversary Collection. Kept getting delayed and then scrapped. I was working for EB Games at that time it was a preorder in our system.

Why they include those garbage titles of 9 and 10, who knows. I'd rather them replace them with Legends 1 and 2.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
are you referring to mm9 and 10 as being the crap ones?. i haven't played a megaman game outside of the nes ones and will like to know witch ones to avoid.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Agreed. I used to love the gameboy megaman titles simply for the mixed up stages, bosses, and for megaman 5 on gb actually daring to try something new at the time (megaman's flying fist attack mechanic). Waited forever for that portable Mega Man Mania collection or whatever it was called, but it sadly never appeared.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Actually depending on what you own it's a Capcom Super DOUBLE Troll as it's not going onto Nintendo Switch. 3DS is a no brainer why as their poor engine struggled to handle MM5 properly so thinking SNES let alone SAT/PS1 MM8 would run is a joke. It's not like Nintendo didn't even make the franchise into what it is today as that's where it got their long start, but to blow off the Switch seems just asinine. Capcom though has done this with Nintendo hardware 20 years now starting on the N64 so no surprise either.

I kind of wish I had known they were going to act like this yet again, I would not have given them money for that Street Fighter game. They don't deserve my money.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
are you referring to mm9 and 10 as being the crap ones?. i haven't played a megaman game outside of the nes ones and will like to know witch ones to avoid.

Personal thoughts:

MM7: Good selection of stages and bosses. Didn't give it a serious gameplay run, but generally was fun to play. Underrated MM.
MM8: Despite the graphics upgrade and having some fantastic stage segments, the clunky controls ruined the game for me. The indoor segments, which most stages have, also look very dull to me.
MM9: Gameplay-wise, it's my favourite by far. Tough as fuck. Stages / bosses are just ok
MM10: More of the same, minus the difficulty.

MM3 is my favourite. Not having the slowdowns fixed in the previous collection was a huge letdown for me. Never played Rockman and Forte, but sure wish it was included in this (and should have been IMO). Also, hoping to see a console port of Powered Up one day.

I'm sure a Switch version will eventually come.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Do any of these games have the charge shot? That was my biggest gripe with 4-6.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
7 and 8 do. 9 no. dont remember about 10.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Soooooooo Mega Man Legacy 2 was announced....Lets break this down. It includes MM7,8,9, and 10. Which means you get two garbage games and two good games. Now lets compare that to MML1. In MML you get MM1,2,3,4,5,6. So you get a few great games, a couple good games and a broken but still fun game. It blows my mind Capcom is going to release a collection with only 4 games and 2 of them are the worst in the series. Probably for the same price point as the original MML. WTF Capcom. You could have at least thrown in Rock man & Forte for Pete's sake.

The MM collection for the GC/PS2/XB had MM 1-8...and that was over a decade ago. The keep releasing these, but then include less, that's absurd.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The MM collection for the GC/PS2/XB had MM 1-8...and that was over a decade ago. The keep releasing these, but then include less, that's absurd.

that collection also had both of the power battles cps2 games as well as tons of interviews, art/ slideshows/ and other shit.

its one of the best 'collections' that was ever made.

i got the ps4 one and they didnt even get the gameplay right with its floaty movement. the pc one handles a lot better fwiw.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
that collection also had both of the power battles cps2 games as well as tons of interviews, art/ slideshows/ and other shit.

its one of the best 'collections' that was ever made.

i got the ps4 one and they didnt even get the gameplay right with its floaty movement. the pc one handles a lot better fwiw.

I have it for the GC anf the only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the way they reverse mapped the jump/shoot buttons, and cannot be fixed. You get used to it, but it sucks at first.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I understand the hatred towards 7 and maybe even 8. The only problem I have with 9 is the lack of 240p, it's upsetting, also the filtered 480i look which sucks but the game is so good that you just make do. 10 is alright, a tad too easy but fun.

So in advance of the doucherie; I say fuck you for hating on MM9 you fakken fake ass gaming noobs.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

Yup, they might as well go full retard and just do individual game release, but just emulate the fucking game correctly.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The Gameboy Advance collection was going to have fully colorized versions of all the GB games. Funny thing is Capcom cancelled it and claimed to have lost pieces of code for a couple titles. 9 and 10 are good. Both have the charge shot but only if you play as Proto Man. Proto Man is cool. He can charge shots but takes 20% more damage and can only rapid fire 2 regular shots at a time. I still can't believe the went with the PS1 and not the Saturn MM8. I guess no secret Wood Man or Cut Man fights for us.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
they reverse mapped the jump/shoot buttons, and cannot be fixed.

One of the greatest mindnumbingly retarded decisions in video game history.

I can only imagine there was a Sony saboteur on the project who thought of it to improve sales of the PS2 version

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Having completed MM8 on Saturn, I don't get all the hate for it here (perhaps that is tied to a specific version). Granted they tried something "fresh" with larger bosses and a bit different MegaMan style.
While I wouldn't consider it a milestone in gaming, it is decent fun. Overelaborate use of cut scenes was standard at that time, as everyone and his mother tried to show that they can put them in their games.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
These compilations aren't even actually being made by Capcom, they're just publishing them and licensing the games, the company making these is some start up that wanted to be the "Criterion Collection of games" or some shit

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
MM9: Gameplay-wise, it's my favourite by far. Tough as fuck. Stages / bosses are just ok.

"Tough as fuck" is definitely the way to describe it. I gave up completely at the water stage. Trying to hop on air bubbles underwater with zillions of instant-death spike balls was not my idea of a fun.