Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the Buckeye State!

Crazed MVS Addict

Greetings from the Buckeye State!

Hello everyone. I am obviously very new around here. I am fairly new to the Neo Geo scene as well. I was a young pup when the system came out and only vaguely remember the home console. I just knew that it was at the local electronics stores and was far more than my family could afford.

My real love of Neo Geo was for the arcade systems. I remembered seeing them in a few arcades and stores in my area and was always disappointed when I couldn't find one. (They were pretty sparse overall.)

I sadly do not yet own a Neo Geo of any sort, but looking to slowly get started. I admit that I am leaning towards trying to track down a AES instead of going for the MVS, but am not really against finding a consolized MVS for now either.

Looking forward to return quite often and learn a bit more as I have much to learn about the Neo Geo games that I used to play and find what other ones I would have enjoyed back then.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Hi.

NEST Puppet

Ohio fuck yeah!
    Great Sellers/Buyers:Alan, Kenny boy, Liquid Snake, biocat, DBS, tonyvortex, Kiselgof, rimm_rs, Freelancer, BIG BEAR, showdownfan666, msu89dawgs, NexWave Video Games & Entertainment (x3), guyverracing, 16-bit, jennety, Highlander67, Adam Gallant, abc_kid, NEOFREAK9189, mannerbot, Electroman, Ron McRae

Yamazaki's Pupil

Welcome to the forums. Don your thickest skin.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

You picked a great time to get into buying AES games.
    >

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    You picked a great time to get into buying AES games.
    Honestly, my plan is to look into the convert that allows MVS carts to be played on the AES...or may just throw the money down for the NEOSD for the ones I can't even dare afford.

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

Welcome to the site! Honestly, just go mvs and forget aes at this point. Even if you can afford the high aes prices these days, you're seriously risking overpaying for clever bootlegs. There are so many other ways to enjoy neo geo games these days it's best to explore your other options. Happy gaming!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNK View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Don your thickest skin.
    I've been in EMS for 13 years...I think I can handle most anything at this point. lol

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Quote Originally Posted by wju2004 View Post
    Honestly, my plan is to look into the convert that allows MVS carts to be played on the AES...or may just throw the money down for the NEOSD for the ones I can't even dare afford.
    Then why even bother with an AES? You're paying more for the console plus the converter. Makes no sense. Get a CMVS and save yourself a lot of trouble.
    >

Yamazaki's Pupil

Then why even bother with an AES? You're paying more for the console plus the converter. Makes no sense. Get a CMVS and save yourself a lot of trouble.
    Because the AES is cool as fuck and cmvs looks hobo.

Crazed MVS Addict

Honestly just OCD about my set-up. Also, really haven't looked into where I can get a CMVS as of yet...if I could find a nice one, I might jump on it, but not sure where to look yet as I know I'm supposed to say out of the market here for a while.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Honestly just OCD about my set-up. Also, really haven't looked into where I can get a CMVS as of yet...if I could find a nice one, I might jump on it, but not sure where to look yet as I know I'm supposed to say out of the market here for a while.
    Not sure how having a home cart with a converter plugged in with an MVS cart plugged in on top of that would appease your so-called OCD. Anyhow, carry on.
    >

Your first love was the arcades...do yourself a favor and keep it that way. MVS > AES all day when it comes to poor people like me, I did the jump to MVS from AES and didn't look back until now that I got back into AES...but I'm keeping it cheap!

Also, CMVS doesn't look hobo, hobos make hobo CMVS, classy padres make classy padre CMVS.

Crazed MVS Addict

Not sure how having a home cart with a converter plugged in with an MVS cart plugged in on top of that would appease your so-called OCD. Anyhow, carry on.
    Suppose this is true. Eh, I'm a noob to the Neo Geo world, so I have much to learn. (At least I'm willing to admit it.)

I will start looking at some quality MVS builds and go that route. I think it's just a matter of I'm still stuck in the thought of having the "home console" more than anything. And perhaps someday I might end up having both sitting in my set-up, but suppose for monetary reasons right now, I'm better off starting with a quality MVS build.

Welcome!

Prepare thy anus.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

I've been in EMS for 13 years...I think I can handle most anything at this point. lol

Also, really haven't looked into where I can get a CMVS as of yet...if I could find a nice one, I might jump on it, but not sure where to look yet as I know I'm supposed to say out of the market here for a while.
    smart and at the same time dumb. The two easiest ways:
    (a) You like the look of the NGH? You need a mighty OMEGA in your life (made by Quan, one of our own [shadowkn55]).
    (b) Want something more custom, tailored to your needs, with the most solid bbuild quality (and maybe even cheaper?) - head over to Jamma Nation X or contact Xian Xi on here.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Another similar story, another victim of this wretched and foul 'hobby' as some of you put it.

Welcome to your demise.

Now featuring Aussie Tunes!

Crazed MVS Addict

smart and at the same time dumb. The two easiest ways:
    (a) You like the look of the NGH? You need a mighty OMEGA in your life (made by Quan, one of our own [shadowkn55]).
    (b) Want something more custom, tailored to your needs, with the most solid bbuild quality (and maybe even cheaper?) - head over to Jamma Nation X or contact Xian Xi on here.
    Thanks for the useful info. The Omega would definitely fulfill the desire of the general look while saving a crapload on games.

I will take a close look at Jamma Nation once I get home.

赤裸裸的汽車人

wju did 911
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'

Def go the MVS route.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

Dogg-Father

wecome fellow Ohionese'

my vote would be MVS
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    Def go the MVS route.
    I think I've been convinced. After seeing what can be done with a CMVS, there is really no need to go the AES route for me. I sure as hell don't have bottomless pockets.

Obviously the AES carts do look nicer, but it can't be all about looks. As long as I can stick my toe into the pool and relive the old days of the Neo Geo games that I played way back when, I'll be happy.

Thanks for the warm greetings (and even some of the not so warm greetings. Haha.)

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Welcome good sir from the Buckeye state.

US Neo Geo AES system: serial #015732

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck_00 View Post
    Welcome good sir from the Buckeye state.
    Thanks!

On a side note, I am officially going CMVS at this point. Found a few that I am interested in. Just a matter of deciding and laying the money down.

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

Welcome to the struggle. There's nothing else to do in this state than play games. Keep the tradition alive!

Thread Information