Stuff like this makes me lose even more faith in humanity...

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Complaints about complaints on facebook are why I never fucking bothered with it. Do people on facebook still complain about lack of privacy? Because i always thought that was hilarious.

Yes they still do, while posting most of their private info, pictures, ect. More than enough to steal your identity, but ramble on about big brother stealing their info.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This is the type of reaction i like to see...Its just another way of people trying to make people envious of them. I really wanted to buy this perfect dreamhouse but it cost $750,000. Lakefront, awesome kitchen, tons of living space, decent location., & most important everyone i know will be jelly as fuck while living my dream. Sadly i calculated & there is just too much risk to go through with it. Also it got sold.

When you're envious of someone its probably because you feel you're beneath them. They have something that you secretly want to obtain or something they do that you wish you can do yourself. I know its hard but always remember that no one has a perfect life. Facebook especially has a great filter to hide people's life imperfection. Envy is really not a good look but it can also be positive by using as motivational tool to better yourself.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
bump

Spoiler:

idiot2.gif

https://youtu.be/5n0iNZ4_jlA

https://youtu.be/dYWm9t4jVPU

https://youtu.be/baimGHLHq5E

https://youtu.be/5NchEsUlLio

icon28.gif
^HotD2 cab (1:40)
icon28.gif

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
When I read something like this, I am reminded and agree with what Bill Burr once said. In the way people.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ever notice that in house buying shows, they never look at the heating system? Most of these shows are shot in Eastern Canada to boot.

The heating system is like item#1 in my book.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Ever notice that in house buying shows, they never look at the heating system? Most of these shows are shot in Eastern Canada to boot.

Huh, now you mention it, never really thought of that. I guess I've just always assumed it works adequately.

How can you check it in advance? You can't just sit there for an hour waiting for it to cool down then heat back up again or something, can you?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member

That's how I'd be with air con if I were buying back in Texas. Does the air conditioning work well? Before you take it further you gotta know will you be comfortable in that house.

I like being cold, so I really don't care about heating. The missus however is constantly freezing. Under three blankets, with a coat on, and the heating going, with a fire in the fireplace, and a lasagne in the oven. I'm sweating like a pedo in a Barney costume. And she's freezing like a Nigerian in Alaska.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Huh, now you mention it, never really thought of that. I guess I've just always assumed it works adequately.

How can you check it in advance? You can't just sit there for an hour waiting for it to cool down then heat back up again or something, can you?

Not just the working function, but the type of heating and source.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Someone trying to provide the best possible life they can provide for their family makes you loose faith in humanity?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So if you think your life is complete confusion because your neighbors got it made, just remember that it's a Grand illusion and deep inside we're all the same.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I bought my house in 2011, It's a small house - Like 800-900 Square feet if you include the unfinished basement more than enough room for me. My g/f moved in for 4 months and moved back to her place because she was having issues with the roommate and it was a squeeze for both of use to stay here with her cat with all of her stuff and my stuff. Water, heat, and electricity were a lot more expensive when she was staying with me, but generally, since it's a small house, it's much cheaper to heat and cool. Not to mention lower property taxes.

I bought it during the housing bust when it was really cheap - I could never afford it now. I added an egress window a couple years after buying it that makes for a legal 3rd bedroom if I sell. I'm having a new garage built now as we speak, the old one was a piece of shit from 1940. I was gonna do a game nerd cave, but in all honesty I'm slowly losing interest in vintage games and am thinking of selling more of of them (sans what I know I'd play over and over) off. I'm thinking of making the basement part game room/part media room now instead of a game nerd cave. I'm a lazy ass who's been dragging my heels on it.

If I'd do it over again, I'd probably get a condo, but don't like the $200+ association fee you pay. You don't have a yard, and you pay all that money for work that takes 10 minutes of shoveling/mowing (usually condos have a small yard). Anybody in a condo and care to share about it?

I like the house, even if it's a little small, because it's so close to everything. Target and a grocery store are 5 minutes away. Chipotle, half price books, Subway is even closer, but it, along with a movie theatre are getting eaten up by the nearby hospital. SS Billiards and Uptown are 10 minutes away. It's just close and convenient for everything. I'll probably die in this house.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
If I'd do it over again, I'd probably get a condo, but don't like the $200+ association fee you pay. You don't have a yard, and you pay all that money for work that takes 10 minutes of shoveling/mowing (usually condos have a small yard). Anybody in a condo and care to share about it?
I've got one. The fee is $210 a month right now - it covers the water, sewer, and trash bills, as well as the landscaping, pavement/parking structures, and shared pool. I think it's fair for the amount of service. It does kinda suck that it's mandatory, because you can't choose to skimp if money gets tight, but I got a good deal on the condo itself so I'm not too bothered.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I bought my house in 2011, It's a small house - Like 800-900 Square feet if you include the unfinished basement more than enough room for me. My g/f moved in for 4 months and moved back to her place because she was having issues with the roommate and it was a squeeze for both of use to stay here with her cat with all of her stuff and my stuff. Water, heat, and electricity were a lot more expensive when she was staying with me, but generally, since it's a small house, it's much cheaper to heat and cool. Not to mention lower property taxes.

I bought it during the housing bust when it was really cheap - I could never afford it now. I added an egress window a couple years after buying it that makes for a legal 3rd bedroom if I sell. I'm having a new garage built now as we speak, the old one was a piece of shit from 1940. I was gonna do a game nerd cave, but in all honesty I'm slowly losing interest in vintage games and am thinking of selling more of of them (sans what I know I'd play over and over) off. I'm thinking of making the basement part game room/part media room now instead of a game nerd cave. I'm a lazy ass who's been dragging my heels on it.

I like the house, even if it's a little small, because it's so close to everything. Target and a grocery store are 5 minutes away. Chipotle, half price books, Subway is even closer, but it, along with a movie theatre are getting eaten up by the nearby hospital. SS Billiards and Uptown are 10 minutes away. It's just close and convenient for everything. I'll probably die in this house.

You're more likely to die in the hospital just up the road.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
So is a condo just an apartment, or is there a difference? I've never really understood what the word condo means.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So is a condo just an apartment, or is there a difference? I've never really understood what the word condo means.

Condo is something you own. Apartment is something you rent.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
A condo (condominium) describes a type of ownership. Generally, it means you own everything inside the walls of your property (apartment, townhouse, even sometimes a single-family home). A coop (cooperative) means you own shares in the corporation that collectively owns the entire building or group of buildings. And fee simple means you own the inside, the outside, everything.

Hey, let's talk about townhouses while we're at all this...

A townhouse is a structure. It's generally a property with other properties connected on one or two sides. Other structures can be single-family homes or multi-unit buildings. A townhouse might or might not be a condo.